• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

saddle oil

Help Support Ranchers.net:

flatlander

Reaction score
A year ago, I put my old roping saddle in my basement knowing that my roping days are over. About a month ago, I managed to take a peek and wanted to cry. Mold and mildew! So-loaded it in the PU,off to the car wash and hot washed the mold off! And the oil,ect with it!

I've put a least a quart of neatsfoot on it and frankly, it just soaks it up without changing even the color. Saddle looks like s---. Pretty disgusted with myself. It never let me down all these years and I abused it-not good.

Anybody have any ideas about how to salvage it? thanks.

If the old saddle has sentimental value,I would just haul it to a good saddle shop and get them to take it completely apart and clean/oil/repair it,be money well spent.
good luck

What we use in our saddle shop for mold is white vinegar mixed about 60-40 with water. Use spray bottle, spray and wipe off. Easy! Don't over oil and use only pure neetsfoot oil not the compound. Unsalted virgin olive oil is good also. This might help someone. Ronny

saddler said:
What we use in our saddle shop for mold is white vinegar mixed about 60-40 with water. Use spray bottle, spray and wipe off. Easy! Don't over oil and use only pure neetsfoot oil not the compound. Unsalted virgin olive oil is good also. This might help someone. Ronny

Welcome saddler!! :D I'd love it if you'd show off your work via pictures. You guys that can work leather are magicians to me. :D

Welcome saddler, a guy that can chew gum and walk at the same time is a magician to H. :p :p :p :p

I would like to see your work also.

gcreekrch said:
Welcome saddler, a guy that can chew gum and walk at the same time is a magician to H. :p :p :p :p

I would like to see your work also.

So I am easily entertained! What's your point? It's not like I have a lot out here to entertain me so I have to take what I can get! :D :wink:

Latest posts