• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Saddle Tramp

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
If I heard it right in Ian Tysons song about Bob Fudge , Bob was putting a herd togegther for the Blockers. I will have to listen to it again but thought of you when i heard it.

Yeap, You heard it right. Soapweed and Boss #2 went to see Iyn T. up in the Blackhills and they brought me back that tape for that reason.

John Blocker was reputed to have sent more cattle up the trail than any one else after the Civil War. Don't know if I am related or not. The little wife is really into genealogy and so far we can't find a connection. Although a Gordon Blocker from Texas claims we are.

There aren't very many Blockers in the U.S. What ever the reasons good or bad we don't run in very big herds.

You should read "Bob Fudge, Texas trail driver, Montana Wyoming cowboy". It is factual, short read, wish he had written more stuff down. I cannot believe what those guys did.

Saddletramp said:
Yeap, You heard it right. Soapweed and Boss #2 went to see Iyn T. up in the Blackhills and they brought me back that tape for that reason.

John Blocker was reputed to have sent more cattle up the trail than any one else after the Civil War. Don't know if I am related or not. The little wife is really into genealogy and so far we can't find a connection. Although a Gordon Blocker from Texas claims we are.

There aren't very many Blockers in the U.S. What ever the reasons good or bad we don't run in very big herds.

You aren't related to Hoss are you. Acouple that size would make a fair sized herd anywhere.

Latest posts