• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Said Good-Bye!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
To an old friend and for sure the toughest man I've ever known-he had MS for the last twenty years and than cancer the last couple. The man never complained and though he could curse a blue streak he never judged anybody and was a great family man. I'll never forget him coming up to me in the rink-I coach his grandson-he dragged his bumleg over to me-you could tell the cancer treatments were getting him all he said was"Wilson you #$%%^ if you ever wanted to bet on $%^&&* dead horse-I'm your man." He stayed out on his ranch his family around him till the very last-it was my kind of send off today-no preachers -just neighbor after neighbor getting up with their favorite memories-the family put on a slide show of his life-it was a sad day but glad he's not hurting any more.

My Grandpa always said a funeral is a celebration of that person's life. Not the mourning of of their passing.

Sorry to hear about that Northern Rancher. But like you said, he is not hurting anymore.

Had a neighbor alot like you described your ol'buddy to be like,best team driver I ever seen in my life,lost him a few years ago,tough seeing them old cowboys go!

Sorry to hear that, NR. We sure do miss those old timers, when they go a great big piece goes with them - talking about some who have passed on out here. Celebrate his life here and where he is now.

Was to a funeral like that a couple of years ago. After the eulogy and people getting up and telling stories the son said I know Dad would say about now.

" I need a drink" so they opened the bar and had a Beef on a Bun lunch.
Fitting funeral for a old rancher, brand inspector.

Latest posts