• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sale book online

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
http://www.angusjournal.com/salebooks/doubled051012api/index1.html
 

leanin' H

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
6,051
Reaction score
372
Location
Western Utah Desert
I was on the angus site last week and found your sale book. Looks good Denny! Hope your sale is a wallet masher. :D It would sure be fun to make it back to see them sell. Maybe another year! Good luck! :D
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
You can watch it live on cattle usa under mobridge livestock on sale day 12:00 noon cst
 

Soapweed

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
16,257
Reaction score
41
Location
northern Nebraska Sandhills
The pictures of the bulls look good, Denny. Hope you have a great sale.

We are planning to fertility check our bulls in the next couple weeks, so will know more about our bull needs by the time of your sale. It's still a long ways to Mobridge. :wink:
 

Jake

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
454
Reaction score
0
Location
NC Kansas
nice looking bulls Denny. Really pretty intrigued by the breeding on them, I like how a lot of those pedigrees stack up.
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,119
Reaction score
202
Location
Big Muddy valley
gcreekrch said:
Bulls look good Denny. Catalog is well put together and easy to read.

Best of luck in May.

Hey Gcreek, did you notice he said he would deliver if you bought one. :D :D


They are good looking bulls. So many are over dressed for what we need but that said those fancy fat ones still seem to sell. I don't sell many bulls but keep most for my self and they are similar condition to yours. :D
 

WB

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
463
Reaction score
0
Location
North Central S.D.
Bulls look good Denny. Good luck with the sale I would like to see it in person but gets busy here that time of year. (farming) Your bulls will do their own advertising once you get them out in the country. Takes a few years but I do beleive that some of the better commmercial cattlemen have discovered the overfed fattys don't cover the country real well. Notice I did not say all. Hopefully the grass will be gettin pretty tall by your sale date.
 

LCP

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
240
Reaction score
0
Location
north central SD
I got your sale flier the other day. I really appreciated you putting the $EN values in there. That's very important to me. Another thing I like to see is the age of the dam - tells me something about not only the individual's longevity, but by looking through the catalog I can get a feel for the herd's longevity.

How did you get started in the cattle business? I see this is your 3rd sale...are you just getting started in the registered deal or have you been doing it a while? How do you develop your bulls from weaning to sale day? I just want to learn a little more about the operation these bulls are coming off of. I have been guilty of not doing enough homework before the sale and regretting it later...not that you have said anything on this forum that makes me too nervous about your answers.

I'll probably try to run up to Mobridge for your sale as I could use another bull or two - probably have some weigh-ups to sell so might as well stay for the sale...is there a free lunch ??? :)
 

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
28
Location
west chilcotin bc
Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
Bulls look good Denny. Catalog is well put together and easy to read.

Best of luck in May.

Hey Gcreek, did you notice he said he would deliver if you bought one. :D :D


They are good looking bulls. So many are over dressed for what we need but that said those fancy fat ones still seem to sell. I don't sell many bulls but keep most for my self and they are similar condition to yours. :D

On this delivery deal Denny, if Burnt, Big Muddy, RSL, Gomez and myself all bought bulls, you could take your family on a Canadian holiday and be paid for it. Kind of.... :lol: :lol:

Depending on who was last on the list, they may have to buy the trailer also. :wink:
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,119
Reaction score
202
Location
Big Muddy valley
gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
Bulls look good Denny. Catalog is well put together and easy to read.

Best of luck in May.

Hey Gcreek, did you notice he said he would deliver if you bought one. :D :D


They are good looking bulls. So many are over dressed for what we need but that said those fancy fat ones still seem to sell. I don't sell many bulls but keep most for my self and they are similar condition to yours. :D

On this delivery deal Denny, if Burnt, Big Muddy, RSL, Gomez and myself all bought bulls, you could take your family on a Canadian holiday and be paid for it. Kind of.... :lol: :lol:

Depending on who was last on the list, they may have to buy the trailer also. :wink:

By the time he got to your place he might just leave the trailer, Never to pull one again. :lol: :lol:
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
LCP said:
I got your sale flier the other day. I really appreciated you putting the $EN values in there. That's very important to me. Another thing I like to see is the age of the dam - tells me something about not only the individual's longevity, but by looking through the catalog I can get a feel for the herd's longevity.

How did you get started in the cattle business? I see this is your 3rd sale...are you just getting started in the registered deal or have you been doing it a while? How do you develop your bulls from weaning to sale day? I just want to learn a little more about the operation these bulls are coming off of. I have been guilty of not doing enough homework before the sale and regretting it later...not that you have said anything on this forum that makes me too nervous about your answers.

I'll probably try to run up to Mobridge for your sale as I could use another bull or two - probably have some weigh-ups to sell so might as well stay for the sale...is there a free lunch ??? :)


About our operation. I was raised on a diversified livestock farm but my Dad was a realtor and liked fishing and hunting more than tending to business. Ended up working for a local rancher here dureing highschool. Fell in love got a job got a divorce fell in love again quit my job started building trailers on my own.

In the fall of 1994 the man I worked for in highschool made me a deal on 10 antique cows. I took the deal and the rest is history. In the spring of 1995 I traded a used 22' livestock trailer for 3 registerd cows and slowly built from there. In total I've purchased 38 registered females with the last in 2005.Of which over 1/2 never lasted more than 3 years. Our cows numbers all start with the year they are born well after the letter D a few will be for instance we have a D802 born in 1998 and a 802D born in 2008 if you see a cow in our pedigrees without the letter D in the number she's most likely a boughten cow.

We run our cows on native pasture and feed as much meadow hay as the old girls will allow. The remainder is mixed upland hay and corn silage of which this years was planted late and froze early so it's lacking the corn part.

The calves get no creep feed.The calves are weaned November 1st this year was the 9th. Many bull raiser's wean in september and push them hard to mess with the weaning epd's I don't. We feed for a 3# gain normally of which it's a mixture of corn silage,cracked corn,dried distillers,soybean meal and mineral with free choice hay.

This year is the first year I've TMR fed the bulls and at first they were gaining slowly to much poor quality silage not enough goodies.So we tweaked it a little bit and they took off.The bulls have no building to hide in dureing poor weather. I never really thought about it much as this winter a friend of mine basically made me go to several bull sales and ranch visit's. You can learn alot looking around. One such operation is most likely the best managed place I've ever been on. The bulls were in a monoslope type building on a bedding pack and it was cold and I thought well this is'nt to bad. Then we had a storm and my bulls stood with there rears to the wind and did'nt eat much that day. My mind drifted to the monoslope bulls and thought I bet those bulls are closer to the feedbunk today but still eating gain can be skewed so easy.

The one thing I kept hearing was we are'nt feeding much grain. 180 buschel corn silage is alot different than 40 buschel. Alfalfa haylage is alot different than mixed upland hay.Cows fed on a tmr with a nutritionalist figureing cow rations weekly are alot different than some broke rancher unrolling some september made meadow hay.I fall into the broke rancher part.

I also live 12 miles from where we run our cows so I check twice daily and never at night. Poor udders mean work so I don't like either poor udders or extra work. The cows had better know how to mother a calf thats their job not mine. Normally by the time I see a problem either it is'nt a problem or it's to late. Some people say how can you do that. So far this year I've had Two cows in the barn first cow aborted about 2 weeks early so I bought a bum calf for her and grafted it on. 2nd cow had her calf a month ago and a bale of hay fell off the wagon and with my luck she died. We've been feeding a bum calf that the cow got wallowed down in the mud and was dieing so I cut out that calf and that graft worked fine. Lost a 3rd calf one of a set of twins on a 2nd calver it died of pnemonia after this last bought of crappy weather.

Look me up and I'll by lunch. Thanks Denny
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,632
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
Bulls look good Denny. Catalog is well put together and easy to read.

Best of luck in May.

Hey Gcreek, did you notice he said he would deliver if you bought one. :D :D


They are good looking bulls. So many are over dressed for what we need but that said those fancy fat ones still seem to sell. I don't sell many bulls but keep most for my self and they are similar condition to yours. :D

On this delivery deal Denny, if Burnt, Big Muddy, RSL, Gomez and myself all bought bulls, you could take your family on a Canadian holiday and be paid for it. Kind of.... :lol: :lol:

Depending on who was last on the list, they may have to buy the trailer also. :wink:

I'd have to get a passport first.Never been to Canada EH.Price of fuel I'd have to trail them.
 

gcreekrch

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 22, 2008
Messages
11,358
Reaction score
28
Location
west chilcotin bc
Denny said:
gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Hey Gcreek, did you notice he said he would deliver if you bought one. :D :D


They are good looking bulls. So many are over dressed for what we need but that said those fancy fat ones still seem to sell. I don't sell many bulls but keep most for my self and they are similar condition to yours. :D

On this delivery deal Denny, if Burnt, Big Muddy, RSL, Gomez and myself all bought bulls, you could take your family on a Canadian holiday and be paid for it. Kind of.... :lol: :lol:

Depending on who was last on the list, they may have to buy the trailer also. :wink:

I'd have to get a passport first.Never been to Canada EH.Price of fuel I'd have to trail them.

The Outlaw Trail crosses at Big Muddy's. :wink:
 

Latest posts

Top