• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

San Antonio Show - Update San Angelo.....1 more pic woohoo!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Well after freezin our behinds off for three days, the San Antonio show is over. The kids had a blast here, other than all the waiting, but that's to be expected with a show this size.

Loadin the trailer to leave
2006-02-17-006-loadin.jpg

Headin down the road
2006-02-17-008-goin-down-th.jpg

TEXAS size Dr Pepper, at the Magic Time Machine
2006-02-17-021TEXAS-size-Dr.jpg

Seven hour wait in the van, in line to unload the projects at the San Antone show.
2006-02-17-043-long-wait-in.jpg

Amanda and Owen got a blue ribbon on the roller.
2006-02-18-001-Amanda-n-Owe.jpg

Blue ribbon on the aerator
2006-02-18-003-aerator.jpg

They gotta nother blue on the feeder
2006-02-18-004-feeder.jpg

Blue ribbon number 4 on the feeder/seeder
2006-02-18-006-seeder.jpg

They got a red ribbon on their trailer. It almost looked like a trailer dealership in there, there were so many gooseneck flatbeds. But they did an exellent job on it.
The judges grouped them in the "Big School" catagory because they had 5 or more entries. lol (our school k-12 has 150 kids) anyway, they got 5th in showmanship overall. Woo Hooo...Now we're on our way to San Angelo show tomorrow!!!!!!
2006-02-19-009-5th-showmans.jpg

Great pictures Lilly,looks like yall did good,and you are sure right about the waiting in line,lots of people there................good luck

The kids did great; they sure have a lot more opportunity than we did at their age and they seem to be putting it to excellent use!! Congratulations!

Y'all worked very hard and did very well. Great job. Thanks for the pictorial documentary of your adventures. It looked to be a nifty trip of which memories are made.

Amanda just read all ya'lls reply's outloud to the rest of the gang. They are really excited, 6 out of the 7 is their first time to show. They are really lovin it so far. And they all appreciate your comments. (Already talkin bout what to do for next years shows)

The kids did real well and looks like they had lots of fun.Drinking out of the bowl reminds me of a few years ago I was girl guide leader,we had a winter campout and made ice cream sundaes in a wallpaper trough.....the idea being they got down on knees eating the sudaes out of like a pig trough...EGGG the most disgusting thing I ever did,half the girls had runny noses,lets leave it at that! Not one of my more memorable moments as leader!!!

San Angelo Show, Everything got blue ribbons except the aerator, gotta red on it. Awards Ceremony in the mornin and then we head home for a few days before tacklin HOUSTON!!!! wooo hooooooooooo

Sounds like you & the kids are cleaning up on ribbons,but I bet yall are about ready ta head home,I been gone a couple days myself,been in west TX,seen a big ole tumble weed rollin down the road and I started to stop and throw in my truck for you :D :D :D .............good luck

HaHa haymaker, I dont miss them tumbleweeds.....but when I go west, I do miss the pines.....Dad n law kids me all the time about stickin a pinecone in my suit case, in case I get homesick.

We are havin a great time, only lil Lilly woke up sick this mornin, was a ruff day for her havin projects judged today, but she made it thru, me n her stayed at the motel tonight while the rest went bowlin.

Sure is quiet round here right now :D :D :D

check yer messages Hay maker, I sent ya a pic

what,sa matter with lil Lilly ? to many hot dogs pop corn and candy,what was the crowds like at the san angelo show.........good luck PS dogs are jumping at the gate .must be that ole coot multiple personality,me & him are gonna get some supper and stop by the watering hole see if there are any young ladies there that need tending,maybe play a couple games of moon...............later,good luck

Naw, we aint let em eat too much junk food, I thank she's just run down, from stayin up late with all these kids. She's normally in bed and asleep by 8:30pm at home.......without bein told to go to bed.....she's been known to do this, and I tried to tell her........but ya know...parent's don't know much sometimes....lol

They did a super job. We are all proud of their accomplishments, and proud of you for being a great leader in bringing out the best in these young people. Congratulations to all of you.

Good job,everybody looks like yall are getting some prizes that you can use for all your hard work and determination,good job to you & Mr Lilly too Lilly,for bringing these kids up right,if more parents did what yall are doing,they would have better kids..................good luck

Latest posts