• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

San Antonio Stock Show

Help Support Ranchers.net:

scout

Reaction score
The wife and I are going to San Antonio stock show next week wondered if any body had any suggestions on what we should make a point to see.

go to the Texas Land & Cattle Co Resturant,i had an awesome steak there,its good eats :lol:

scout said:
The wife and I are going to San Antonio stock show next week wondered if any body had any suggestions on what we should make a point to see.

Stay at the Menger Hotel,lots of charm good steaks,it's on Alamo plaza close to the Alamo,and the River walk good Mexican food down there.
good luck

We'll be headin out to the San Antonio Stock Show Feb 14. Course we'll be with the FFA kids and their Ag-Mechanics projects. But we do get to mill around and look at things some. It's all good.

Be sure to see the Brahma show cattle. We did a few years ago, and they are awsome looking animals!

One, while we were visiting with the owner, obviously wanted to be scratched. From poll to ear tip was the length of my husbands' fingertip to elbow. Measured after returning home, that was sixteen and a half inches!!!

That was our first experience watching a goat show and visiting with a goat rancher. He said he had no pasture bills, and sometimes got paid for clearing the grass and weeds from business lots. It was a form of agriculture that worked for his family at that time, tho they were hoping to get into something more conventional on a bit of land of their own.

Too much to see and too little time made us wish we hadn't made other committments.

mrj

Thanks everyone for your Ideas. I'm worried are flight is going to be delayed chance of 8-10 inches of snow tuesday into wed are flight leaves at 6:00 am wed out of moline Ill. I guess if it is delayed we'll hafta spend some time at the hotel bar. I'll let every one know how it goes when we return maybe i'll have some pictures if I can figure out how to down load them on the computer. 8) 8)

scout said:
Thanks everyone for your Ideas. I'm worried are flight is going to be delayed chance of 8-10 inches of snow tuesday into wed are flight leaves at 6:00 am wed out of moline Ill. I guess if it is delayed we'll hafta spend some time at the hotel bar. I'll let every one know how it goes when we return maybe i'll have some pictures if I can figure out how to down load them on the computer. 8) 8)

Depending on what time you make it in on Wednesday, you may want to try to catch at least part of the All-Breed Bull & Commercial female sale. I think it starts at 10 but should last well into the afternoon.

Latest posts