• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sandhills Cattle Association ranch tour

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Over 300 interested onlookers took part in the 16th annual Sandhills Cattle Association ranch tour, which took place in the Ainsworth area. A good time was had by all.

Cattletourparticipants.jpg

Cattle tour participants
Goatsincattlecountry.jpg

Goats in cattle country
Texas-sizedwindmillsinNebraska.jpg

Texas-sized windmills in Nebraska
Explanationofthewindfarm.jpg

Explanation of the wind farm
Salzmanranch.jpg

Ranch stop
Cattletourstop.jpg

Cattle tour stop

Soapweed if you start bragging about those goats you might just make Haymaker made as he is the GOAT KING around here.

My son saw a propeller for one of those windmills on a truck the other day. The size in those pics is decieving as each blade is about 100 feet long. quite the load.

Looks like you had a nice day for the tour.

Actually each blade is 131 feet long, and weighs 3.5 tons. They can spin at speeds up to 138 miles per hour (sounds about like Disagreeable :wink: :) ). The towers are in three sections and total 223 feet tall.

I might see a couple of "vintage" tractors in the background of the first picture? More seriously, this wind farming might be the next wave for our country. I do refer to a pretty wide area. If they can windmill electricity in Brown county; we're sitting on a gold mine in Box Butte county!! Might even be a market in northern Sheridan county and parts east.

Yeap soapweed them look identical to the one's we have out in West Texas. The first trip I made home and seen them I was really not happy. They ruined some awful perdy horizons. I realize however that there hasta be some alternative power sources, and West Texas has plenty of wind to make them big thangs turn. I dont know how many of them there are, but you can drive for almost an hour and see them atop the flattop hills for miles and miles and miles.

wind-generators.jpg

No I didnt take this picture, it's one from a website about the windmills in West Texas.

Hey Saopweed, you got that nice brown hat in there great!! :lol: My hubby will be pleased with that shot. :oops: :p We really enjoyed the day and the meal was very good too. :wink: :!:

Latest posts