• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sandhills Ranch for sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Applegate Ranch? (not sure if that's what it is called but Jim and Gail have a ranch for sale) It is somewhere in the sandhills of Nebraska.

per said:
Anyone familiar with the Applegate Ranch? (not sure if that's what it is called but Jim and Gail have a ranch for sale) It is somewhere in the sandhills of Nebraska.

I would guess that the Applegate Ranch would be where the Apple Dumpling Gang comes from?? :wink:

No that's not the one and while I used to be interested or at least infatuated with the area, many posters on here have cured me of wanting to endure a winter there. It can be bad here but you seem to need to be fairly resilient to live and ranch there. Just curious because I met Gail in Calgary many years ago and wondered if it was near one of the many NE posters. They have 19 sections for sale.

per said:
No that's not the one and while I used to be interested or at least infatuated with the area, many posters on here have cured me of wanting to endure a winter there. It can be bad here but you seem to need to be fairly resilient to live and ranch there. Just curious because I met Gail in Calgary many years ago and wondered if it was near one of the many NE posters. They have 19 sections for sale.

Just hobbyist then .. :lol: :p

Oh, well if that's all it is I guess I had better get my bid in. Thought it was going to be a big place or something...

If a person had the money, it would be a wise investement. That North Platte country is some of my favorite in the state. Disposable income does not come easy around my household.

HP

That country should run a pair for the year on 25 acres, or maybe a little less, counting some hay ground, using conventional grazing( if there is such a thing).

Is anyone year round grazing there? How deep/crusty does the snow get? How many months is normal for feeding cattle?

per said:

There's no place like home, is there? :wink:

gcreekrch said:
per said:

There's no place like home, is there? :wink:
No, Dorthy had if pegged. I'd hazard a guess we all feel like that. :)

Latest posts