• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sandhusker - Here's some good reading........

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
http://www.commstock.com/Newspaper/2004-1230colm.htm

What is this guy saying? Is he just making all this up? Where would he get all these wild ideas? :wink: :wink:

Mike said:
http://www.commstock.com/Newspaper/2004-1230colm.htm

What is this guy saying? Is he just making all this up? Where would he get all these wild ideas? :wink: :wink:

Response... David makes alot of wild assumptions that have little basis in fact - just unsupported opinion. I don not recall the quote he assigned to me. I do think late last year the trade delegation and the NCBA were too optimistic and stated that to them. Obviously that did not set well with some folks but I certainly do not believe in all the NCBA bashing and packer bashing that David engages in.

Some of these commentators could not hit water if they fell out of a boat. So the next best thing is to blame their errors or misfortune or someone else and tehn espouse populist views to garner support. His time would be much better spent in doing some serious research.

Regarding Japan, you can kiss them good bye for a very long time following the ruling yesterday against Canadian imports. In a nutshell the judge concluded that cattle under 30 months are not safe for consumption. Why would they take any of our cattle even if tested following that ruling? Have a great day.

:D :) :) :eek: :shock: :? :( :???: 8) That was funny AGman, blame it on R-calf. We never did have Japan in our pocket, read the news.

agman:"In a nutshell the judge concluded that cattle under 30 months are not safe for consumption. Why would they take any of our cattle even if tested following that ruling? Have a great day."

I do not totally agree with your "nutshell". The Jap consumer is convinced that testing is a "food safety" shield whether it be 12 or 100 months old.
Why don't we give it a try, if the Japs will take it the Canadian border would most likely open sooner, rather than later, getting things back to normal.
I think it's time for the USDA to give a little. Stopping Creekstone from testing was NOT a good PR move for them.

The United States is increasing pressure on Japan to lift its ban on U.S. beef imports, with the U.S. Congress and industry groups calling for sanctions against Japan unless the market is reopened.

Discussion in Japan has been slow over relaxing the test regulations for mad cow disease, or bovine spongiform encephalopathy, set as a precondition to resuming U.S. beef imports.

The government faces a tough decision as it would be accused of yielding to U.S. pressure and neglecting food safety by hastily agreeing to a review of blanket testing of cattle.

Tokyo and Washington had agreed U.S. beef imports to Japan would only be resumed after a review of the blanket testing system.

Procedures to allow imports of U.S. beef cannot be implemented until the test rules are relaxed. However, discussion in the Food Safety Commission on the matter has been slow, leaving the government unable to decide on the next move.

In October, the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Ministry and the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry proposed that the commission review BSE standards and discontinue testing of cattle aged 20 months or younger.

The commission was expected to make a response by the end of last year, since it had released a report in September that supported reviewing the blanket tests.

However, concerns over possible consumer protest have steered the committee to take a cautious stance, and discussions have been prolonged. A response from the committee is now most likely to occur in May, which means the import ban could not be lifted until autumn at the earliest.

The government is frustrated over the unexpected delay in discussions by the committee.

Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Minister Yoshinobu Shimamura referred to the blanket test as "nonsense," at the House of Representatives budget committee on Feb. 25, and reiterated his belief in a statement Wednesday.

The Food Safety Commission has been criticized for meeting only about once every three weeks. However, pressuring the commission to meet more frequently would run against the purpose of the commission--which is to make a fair, impartial judgment on food safety, according to some observers.

"We don't want them to jump to a conclusion," Yasufumi Tanahashi, state minister in charge of science, technology and food safety said.

"I'm concerned over the impact the issue will have on Japan-U.S. relations, so we need to at least decide on a specific schedule for resuming imports," a government source said, with a possible visit by U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for later this month on the horizon.

The United States is increasing pressure on Japan to lift its ban on U.S. beef imports, with the U.S. Congress and industry groups calling for sanctions against Japan unless the market is reopened

Exactly what Japan is noticing with the way the US is dealing with their other trading partners, namely Canada.

Preach Science, practise bullying, this won't get you very far.

Mike, did you notice that Comstock is selling something.......and that he promotes fear to entice people to buy from him. Doesn't that tactic make anyone the least bit suspicious? It just seems to me that if salesmen, whether Comstock or Derry Brownfield (hear him on radio most days till I can get the station switched after Agri-Talk is over), people who use fearmongering to sell products must not have much else going for their product.

MRJ

rancher said:
:D :) :) :eek: :shock: :? :( :???: 8) That was funny AGman, blame it on R-calf. We never did have Japan in our pocket, read the news.

REsponse...Evidently you have not read the judges opinion. I am much more aware of where we are with negotiations with Japan then you are in all due respect to you. This ruling torpedoed any progress. Have a great.

MRJ said:
Mike, did you notice that Comstock is selling something.......and that he promotes fear to entice people to buy from him. Doesn't that tactic make anyone the least bit suspicious? It just seems to me that if salesmen, whether Comstock or Derry Brownfield (hear him on radio most days till I can get the station switched after Agri-Talk is over), people who use fearmongering to sell products must not have much else going for their product.

MRJ

I think this guy sells the same product as agman. Should we not listen to agman because he has knowledge for sale? Does he make you suspicious?
Might be that you are suspicious of everyone. Don't EVEN try to tell me who or who NOT to listen to! I listen/read anything I want then take the info and use it or trash it!
Oh, by the way. You sell something. Cattle. So that makes you a salesman too. :wink:

Mike...I think this guy sells the same product as agman. Should we not listen to agman because he has knowledge for sale? Does he make you suspicious?

Mike you could not be farther from the truth. This tells me how little you really know about research versus verbage. Have a great day.

Mike said:
Earth to Sandhusker!

Earth, this is Sandhusker, over.

I can't vouch for the quote attributed to Agman, but everything else sure seems accurate to me. I would sure challenge anybody to refute to content of the article. Anyone.....anyone.....anyone.....Bueller.....

I had a very insightful talk with a good college buddy of mine who lives in Tampa concerning what is going on in the cow business. I'll post that later.

Mike said:
Competitor huh? Sorry to belittle you that way.

REsponse..Quite the opposite. In my thirty years in businees his name has never popped up amongst any of my clients at any level in the beef industry. Have a good one.

Sandhusker: "I would sure challenge anybody to refute to content of the article."

You are amazing.

You continually find quotes and articles that supports your bias then challenge someone else to refute it rather than doing your own research to determine the accuracy of the article.

It doesn't matter when you are proven wrong, you just go find someone else's garbage for others to refute. When someone doesn't refute it, you assume it's correct.

What a follower!

You never bring anything factual to support your bias, you simply challenge everyone to refute what you want to believe and question what you don't want to believe.

The only reasonable conclusion someone can reach about you is that you don't know anything.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandhusker: "I would sure challenge anybody to refute to content of the article."

You are amazing.

You continually find quotes and articles that supports your bias then challenge someone else to refute it rather than doing your own research to determine the accuracy of the article.

It doesn't matter when you are proven wrong, you just go find someone else's garbage for others to refute. When someone doesn't refute it, you assume it's correct.

What a follower!

You never bring anything factual to support your bias, you simply challenge everyone to refute what you want to believe and question what you don't want to believe.

The only reasonable conclusion someone can reach about you is that you don't know anything.

~SH~

I knew that challenge would draw you out like a fly to watermelon. :D

So I don't know anything? :p I know Mike proved you full of it on your testing comments. :D I know you can't show me where R-CALF said they didn't want to be burdened by traceback. :D I know a few things.

Soooooo, what was inaccurate about the article? "Bring something factual and support your bias"! :wink:

Sandhusker said:
I know you can't show me where R-CALF said they didn't want to be burdened by traceback.

You can start here:

http://www.r-calfusa.com/Animal%20ID/8-17-04,%20House%20Ag.%20Committee,%20Kenny%20Fox.pdf

or here:

http://www.r-calfusa.com/headcatch/02-06%20Headcatch%20Animal%20ID.mp3

Bull Burger said:
Sandhusker said:
I know you can't show me where R-CALF said they didn't want to be burdened by traceback.

You can start here:

http://www.r-calfusa.com/Animal%20ID/8-17-04,%20House%20Ag.%20Committee,%20Kenny%20Fox.pdf

or here:

http://www.r-calfusa.com/headcatch/02-06%20Headcatch%20Animal%20ID.mp3

My speakers don't work so I couldn't get anything from your second link, but I've read your first link a few times before and just read it again. If you would be kind enough to point out anything that says R-CALF "doesn't want to be budened with traceback", I would appreciate it. That testimony shows R-CALF's concerns, not a condemnation.

Bullburger--Here is the exact stance R-CALF put in the last Journal:

While R-CALF has no formal policy of supporting or opposing a national ID program, we must remain proactive, get a seat at the table and guide the system, so the cattle industry has ownership. We certainly have systems in place already that have worked well for many years and the National ID program needs to be flexible enough to incorporate these. It is also important to support the work being done within animal ID pilot projects and volutary programs.......

Doesn't look like they are saying they don't want to be burdened by traceback.......Just that we don't stick the producer with an overcostly or difficult system......

Sounds pretty similar to the last stance I heard from NCBA---- unless they've flipflopped again........

Latest posts