• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Santa Fe with Bling Bling here I come

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Santa Fe is called the city different by most New Mexicans. It is mostly touristy and very artsy. It is set in a mountain location and has pinon trees and mtns as a backdrop and some dessert scrub around it. Santa fe has become home to lots of movie stars, artists and the like. Hope that answers your question zephyrus31.

R2 keep on eatin that green chile and we'll make a New Mexician out of you. You have probably heard this one but if not here it is. Visit New Mexico and leave on probation. Glad you had fun, and you have the right idea for your next visit.

I've just about covered New Mexico, but Santa Fe I've never seen. Am I missing it? Drive from Texline, through Raton, into Colorado, NE NM, it's the best.

nenmrancher said:
Sierraman Santa Fe is about 2.5 hours south of Raton. When you come through Raton you are just about 45 minutes north of me.

Santa Fe is quite a bit to the West of Raton as well as being south! I take that Raton pass going up I-25 into Colorado when I go home to South Dakota sometimes. Pretty country through parts of it. Better than driving through Kansas!!!!! :wink:

Kansas? Hah, Ever been on that turnpike? You pay everytime you get on (or maybe off). That's how they pay for their roads. Tourists pay it instead of the citizens. Creative, but annoying for trips.

TXTibbs said:
Santa Fe is quite a bit to the West of Raton as well as being south! I take that Raton pass going up I-25 into Colorado when I go home to South Dakota sometimes. Pretty country through parts of it. Better than driving through Kansas!!!!!

Yep, we're happy to have CO there to the west to filter out the fruits and nuts coming out of California. :D
Phil

Yeah TXTIBBS Santa Fe is a bit to the west as well. I am used to jumping on the interstate and heading south. New Mexico has some places that are like Kansas when you are driving by that will bore you to death. The nice thing about NM is if you dont like the weather give it 15 minutes and it will change and if you dont like your scenery just go 15 miles in any direction from where you are and it will change as well.

Latest posts