• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

SAV SALE

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Howdy1

Reaction score
It almost boggles the mind. This report didn't say who bought what. Talked to someone who went and standing room only. Wasn't until almost the end of the day before a bull brought less than $5000.
My hats off to the Schaff's :tiphat:

Schaff Angus Valley
At the Ranch, St. Anthony, ND

February 11, 2012

Breed: Angus

437.....Bulls.....$12,415

186.....Females.....$11,230

Top Selling Bulls:

Lot 49 SAV Ringmaster 1184, 3/3/11 son of SAV 707 Rito 9969 at $300,000.

Lot 117 SAV Angus Valley 1867, 1/5/11 son of SAV Iron Mountain 8066 at $200,000.

Lot 46 SAV Revere 1180, 3/3/11 son of SAV 707 Rito 9969 at $120,000.

Lot 52 SAV Reputation 1112, 2/27/11 son of SAV 707 Rito 9969 at $77,000.

Top Selling Females:

Lot 446 SAV Emblynette 7749, 2/26/07 daughter of SAV Net Worth 4200 at $350,000

Lot 447 SAV Emblynette 1370, 5/14/11 daughter of SAV Heavy Hitter 6347 x SAV Emblynette 7749 at $100,000.

Thats pretty good.

I have 2 et bull calves all SAV breeding 3/4 brothers to lot 117 for sale here
only they are out of a SAV May 2397s daughter by Net Worth.
They are not going to bring $200,000 not even close to that not even taking off a zero.They are all that breeding but not feed at all that hard.

I know that lot 446 was the dam of "harvestore" but an udder like that on a 5 year old would belong in the cull pen at home.

BRG said:
Justin said:
Justin said:
not suprising, considering how high most other sales have been lately.

but i still don't believe those numbers to be true

Now come on OT :)

:lol: i don't know, maybe i'm wrong.....

i just can see that kind of average on that many bulls. if you take out the top four sellers, the ave. is still damn near $11,000.

Justin said:
BRG said:
Justin said:
but i still don't believe those numbers to be true

Now come on OT :)

:lol: i don't know, maybe i'm wrong.....

i just can see that kind of average on that many bulls. if you take out the top four sellers, the ave. is still damn near $11,000.

Ya, I know, it sounds unreal. But if you ever go, it is unreal, the amount of people that are there, the barn is huge, its like a school gym, and I would say that 300 people can't even see the ring.

I was told that now they have a special reserved seating up front that is just for the big spenders. I guess if certain individuals were willing to pay those prices I would make sure they sat wherever they desired, even if it was in my lap. I think it is fascinating but would also really love to know if those high dollars really change hands. I am sure that 99% of the bulls are paid for.

I know a guy that goes up and buys bulls out of the very bottom price range. He claims those "cheap" bulls are better that some of the best ones in our area. His opinion only.

I think it is fascinating but would also really love to know if those high dollars really change hands. I am sure that 99% of the bulls are paid for.

I would say you are right but there are a whole bunch of them paid for with credit from last year's sale. Unfortunately ruining bulls and then giving the buyers credit seems to be the way to get a great sale going.

plus, on the AAA sale report page, it always takes them about a month to list the names of those who bought the top sellers at SAV. i figure it's because it takes them that long to decide whos names they are going to use. :lol:

Justin said:
plus, on the AAA sale report page, it always takes them about a month to list the names of those who bought the top sellers at SAV. i figure it's because it takes them that long to decide whos names they are going to use. :lol:

It may be more like waiting for the checks to clear before names are listed as a buyer !

Hay Feeder said:
Justin said:

It may be more like waiting for the checks to clear before names are listed as a buyer !

perhaps

Justin said:
Hay Feeder said:
Justin said:

perhaps

I can attest that my check has been cashed already.

Big Muddy rancher said:

I can attest that my check has been cashed already.[/quote]

Was hat the one for $300,000 or for $200,000 :wink: :D :D[/quote]

Pull off a couple zeros :D

Much different from when I bought bulls from Ohlde privately, took them almost a year to take it to the bank

Jake said:
Justin said:
Hay Feeder said:

perhaps

I can attest that my check has been cashed already.

Jake- what did you think of the Rito 707 of Ideal 3407 7075 sons? The R R Rito 707 son out of the Jorgenson cow (that Sinclair bought)..
I see where Lot 73 in the flush brought $65,000, Lot71 at $31,000...

That would have been about the only sire group there that interested me- altho even they were probably too powerful for my enviroment and management practices... (Hard to tell with them being raised completely opposite to your own practices)..
But that old 707 bull can still sire some good weighing calves with moderate mature size...

Latest posts