• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Say HAY MAKER . . .

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Did you ever spend any time behind a John Deere 14T?

No, but have an neighbor that is still using one that is over 47 years old. the old baler has seen hundreds of thousands of bales. The knotter cams are grooved, the knife rollers have flat spots in them, the knife arms are grooved, the plunger is loose, the bale groovers are really beat up, you name it but ole elmo is still baling hay..............good luck

Those old moldies, you can't kill them. Had one here until a few years ago. Sold it to a part-time farmer and felt kinda guilty doing it. It will probably wear him out too. :lol:

A buddy of mine from MIssissippi was up here for a year or two helping out his in-laws and bought one during his stay here. Took it home with him to the Sipp. and used it for a year or two then sold it to a neighbour for more than double what he paid for it here! :shock:

The only problem we had with that baler was if we put too much HP. in front of it. It would take the rachet out of the drive quick as a wink.

Just thought being a John Deere fan, you might have seen one.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Those old moldies, you can't kill them. Had one here until a few years ago. Sold it to a part-time farmer and felt kinda guilty doing it. It will probably wear him out too. :lol:

A buddy of mine from MIssissippi was up here for a year or two helping out his in-laws and bought one during his stay here. Took it home with him to the Sipp. and used it for a year or two then sold it to a neighbour for more than double what he paid for it here! :shock:

The only problem we had with that baler was if we put too much HP. in front of it. It would take the rachet out of the drive quick as a wink.

Just thought being a John Deere fan, you might have seen one.

The only John Deere stuff I have is a 4020 that is still used,and a model "A" made in 1937 that I have in the shop ,IM restoring it.I have all late model New Holland ......good luck& good nite MLA,an old man has to get his rest,talk to you tomorrow.

I know a neighbor that has a 14T too. And they put up around 10000 squares every year. He has an automatic bale stooker that is run with hydraulic and stacks 6 bales in a stook. He did have a 336 JD but it caused him so much grief he went back to the old gal. He loves it and says its easy to work on!

Manitoba_Rancher said:
I know a neighbor that has a 14T too. And they put up around 10000 squares every year. He has an automatic bale stooker that is run with hydraulic and stacks 6 bales in a stook. He did have a 336 JD but it caused him so much grief he went back to the old gal. He loves it and says its easy to work on!

Yes, they were easy to work on, but they had enough capacity to make it hard work for the guy behind them on the wagon. (Ours didn't have a thrower).

Latest posts