• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Say jinglebob

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
You are an ole guitar picker,what do you think of an Ovation..........good luck

I wanted one for quite a while and I have played a few, but I couldn't get past the plastic? back. They snuggle right up to you and play nice, but an all wooden guitar that is built right, will get better and better and more mellow with age and use. Look at Willies guitar.

If you could find an Ovation for a fair price and it sounded good to you, buy it. Whatever turns your crank. For the money, the Taylor Big Baby is the the best buy for the money to me. The older ones had the adjustment for the neck under the sound hole and were real handy to get to if you wanted or needed to adjust the neck. They have since went back to putting it under a cap up on the top above the strings and you have to remove the strings to adjust on them. They are 3/4 size, so are comfortable to hold and play. I pack one around to do any shows I am in. If something happens to it, I ain't out too much money.

I've got a Yari Alverez that is my "stay at home and don't take a chance on it getting bashed up" guitar. I bought it quite a few years ago and the guy told me it was a good investment and I believe he was right. Paid $600 for it then and it would sell for around $2000 now! :shock:

If you are new to guitars and just starting to learn to play, get a good one that is light playing so your fingers don't get too sore. You'll be able to play it longer and get better quicker, while building up the callus's on your fingers.

Hope all this helped you out. :wink:

Hay Maker, Jinglebob gave good advice when he said to get a guitar that is light playing if you are just starting out. It's not a bad idea even if you are experienced. There's nothing like sore fingers from pushing on hard strings to take the fun out of playing or learning to play guitar.

Here's another thought - I have a Mansfield twelve string that is the easiest playing guitar I have ever held. It has a very low, soft action and does not seem to cut my fingers even if I haven't played for a while. And 12 strings are no harder to play than six, IMHO.

Any other opinions on this?

I recently bought a Samich D-5 acoustic.It's american design made in Indonesia.It plays light and has a great sound.You could pay a lot more and not get one any better if it's sound quality your looking for

No,IM not a guitar picker.always thought about it tho,this guitar belonged to an old man I took care of till he died of throat cancer awhile back,I pick it up occasionally but cant really play it,was studying tablature
once but give it up,I was just wondering about the name as I have never heard of it........................good luck

zephyrus31 said:
Jinglebob.

What? The title said say his name.. :roll: :wink:
O my! I am still wiping the tears of laughter out of my eyes! Please. please don't make me laugh so hard a gain.

Not! :roll:

That one was old when Haymaker was a kid! :roll:

Dad has a Fender Esquire that mom bought him for their anniversary in 1958. Dad's never played, he always wanted to but just never learned. It's in the closet, guitar in the case, amp in the corner, still looks brand spankin new. I know it's worth quite a bit, but I dont think it'll ever be gotten rid of. But I would like to see someone in the family finally learn to play. Talked to dad the other night and he said my brothers boy was interested in learning. So maybe we'll finally get to hear somethin played on it one of these days.

Jinglebob said:
zephyrus31 said:
Jinglebob.

What? The title said say his name.. :roll: :wink:
O my! I am still wiping the tears of laughter out of my eyes! Please. please don't make me laugh so hard a gain.

Not! :roll:

That one was old when Haymaker was a kid! :roll:

Sorry Jinglebob, it's cheesy I know but I couldn't resist! :lol:

Haymaker, Why don't you get one of those new "Martin D-50 K2 Deluxe" acoustic guitars?

They are only $47,500.00!

My bro-in-law was a huge 'Ventures' fan so he got himself a Mossright bass off e-bay like they played. I envy musical people I sing out loud that's about it.

Latest posts