• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Say, Jody

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Last night Jambalaya with hot sausage, chicken and shrimp
tonight steak salad
ever had chocolate rosemary brased short ribs?
thinking of Tuesday , maybe brown a lamb rack and cover in a unsweeten chocolate butter rosemary and then roll in fine chopped hazelnut and finish roasting it..... still wondering how it will turn out

Big Muddy rancher said:
hayguy said:
what's for supper? :wink: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When I saw the title and who posted it I knew the question. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

either I'm way to predictable or your way to perceptive :wink: :lol: :lol:

jodywy said:
Last night Jambalaya with hot sausage, chicken and shrimp
tonight steak salad
ever had chocolate rosemary brased short ribs?
thinking of Tuesday , maybe brown a lamb rack and cover in a unsweeten chocolate butter rosemary and then roll in fine chopped hazelnut and finish roasting it..... still wondering how it will turn out

everything sounds deeelicious, not sure about Tuesdays menu, something about roast meat and chocolate doesn't seem quite right to me :lol: :lol:

but then what do i know

be sure and let us know how it turns out :D

Ingredients
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 strips of peppercorn bacon, diced shopping list
3 pounds bone-in short ribs shopping list
1 finely chopped onions shopping list
1 finely chopped celery shopping list
1 finely chopped peeled carrots shopping list
1 finely chopped peeled parsnip shopping list
2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
1 ½ cups dry red wine shopping list
2 cups low-salt chicken broth shopping list
1 400mL can of diced tomatoes shopping list
1 T mixed herb paste shopping list
½ teaspoon dry thyme shopping list
1 bay leaf shopping list
2 ½ tablespoons shaved bittersweet chocolate shopping list
1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably Dutch-process) shopping list
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary shopping list

Preheat oven to 350F.
Heat heavy large pot over medium heat. Add bacon and sauté until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Working in batches, brown ribs in drippings in pot over medium-high heat until brown on all sides. Transfer to plate.
Add onions and next 4 ingredients to pot. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until vegetables are soft, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Add wine. Boil uncovered until liquid is reduced by half, scraping up browned bits. Add broth, tomatoes, herbs, thyme, bay leaf, and bacon.
Return ribs to pot, making sure they're covered in sauce, cover partially, and put in the over for about 1 ½ hours. Uncover and simmer until rib meat is tender, stirring occasionally, about 1 1/2 hours longer or more if you have the time.
Transfer ribs to plate; discard bay leaf.
Boil sauce until beginning to thicken, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add chocolate, cocoa powder, and rosemary; stir until chocolate melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Return ribs to pot. Simmer to rewarm, about 5 minutes

no short ribs , or lamb shanks, but found a lamb shoulder roast , think I'll try it with it.....

had the short ribs at a board retreat early last fall, they were good not what you expect. the chocolate is not sweet

Latest posts