• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Say Liberty Belle on the coyote callin contest

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I hope you are planning on taking your camera,for those of us not lucky enough to be there...................good luck

Dang it - I can't be there either!! One of my daughter-in-laws is having sinus surgery that week and I am going to be babysitting in Wyoming until she is able to take care of their little fellas again. Don't feel too sorry for me though, I can get a lot of spoiling done in just a few days.

well maybe some one else will take a few pictures & give em to you to post,if not there is always next year,I suppose spoiling those babies is more fun,nothing is more important than family ........................good luck Liberty,well I better get going this morning gotta caliche hill I need to knock down ,tired of plowing around it.

Liberty Belle said:
I better get going this morning gotta caliche hill I need to knock down ,tired of plowing around it
I hate to sound ignorant (although I've very good at it!), but what is a caliche hill?

I wish I was ignorant when it came to caliche,its a mixture of sand gravel and pebbles that can get hard as rock,have a small hill of it in one of my hay fields that I been trying to get rid of..................good luck

TXTibbs said:
I always thought Caliche was ground up limestone that they put on the roads here in Texas instead of gravel...hence all the "Caliche Roads" :wink: :???: :)

Yeah same thing except some of it dont need grinding,have some here on the place that I keep these roads maintained with...............good luck

Liberty Belle said:
Dang it - I can't be there either!! One of my daughter-in-laws is having sinus surgery that week and I am going to be babysitting in Wyoming until she is able to take care of their little fellas again. Don't feel too sorry for me though, I can get a lot of spoiling done in just a few days.
I feel sorry for your daughter-in-law, though. My wife had sinus surgery twice. All the packing, and everything that goes with it; she'll have every right to be on the crabby side for a while. Good luck to her.

It's Alkali, why they call it caliche I have no idea. That's bout the only kinda road I knew for the first half of my life, in West Texas LOL. Don't ever let any goldenrod/ragweed get started on it either, somethin about growin on it makes it poisonous and cows will eat it. Have always been told it produced a chemical like arsnic.

while growin up, the "caliche pit" was a place to go to target practice. They were all over the place, big holes in the ground where trucks had hauled it out to make roads.

Latest posts