• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

say Miss Tam ???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
If you dont mind and big dummie is through with the supper dishes can he come out and play ?
thanks & good luck

Big dummie branded calves all day and just finished supper about 10 pm.

Got the first calvers done and the PB hauled to town and 48 commercial blacks to try my luck with those Hereford bulls again. :?

They balance will run with the cows and black bulls for the summer.
My daughter pulled a long shift as she worked the night shift at the hospital and came home got on her horse and helped my corral the pairs and then we sorted and branded all day while my son hauled some loads to the town pastures for us.

A good start to the branding we have ahead of us.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Big dummie branded calves all day and just finished supper about 10 pm.

Got the first calvers done and the PB hauled to town and 48 commercial blacks to try my luck with those Hereford bulls again. :?

They balance will run with the cows and black bulls for the summer.
My daughter pulled a long shift as she worked the night shift at the hospital and came home got on her horse and helped my corral the pairs and then we sorted and branded all day while my son hauled some loads to the town pastures for us.

A good start to the branding we have ahead of us.
If I wasn't so tired from testing bulls this afternoon all that work at your place would make me tired thinking about it. :wink:

A high of 42F and raining off and on all day made an easy decision to catch up on book work that has been neglected since April.

Debbie disced until it got greasy.

This afternoon there was a break in the clouds so I vaccinated the younger bulls and Scour vacced a booster into the last 35 to calve.

Feel pretty chipper, think I'll go check for calves and drift off to sleep. :D

42 doesn't make for tall hay. What are you putting in on the discing?

The hay here is about a half crop because of the hot spell in March that started things growing and then a month of heavy frosts to follow! Gonna be a real problem in this part of the country. Hay is reportedly selling for over 10 cents a pound standing in the field.

I bet that weather is pretty nice up there, hot and dusty around here already
Good luck

burnt said:
42 doesn't make for tall hay. What are you putting in on the discing?

The hay here is about a half crop because of the hot spell in March that started things growing and then a month of heavy frosts to follow! Gonna be a real problem in this part of the country. Hay is reportedly selling for over 10 cents a pound standing in the field.

Oats and peas on our high gound. They will grow eventually. Have the seed and fertilizer left from last year when we couldn't get on the field early enough.

Debbie planted her garden a month early this year. It's been up and growing for two weeks. She covers it with Ag-Cloth every night. Carrots, swiss chard, peas, broccoli, parsnips etc grow here. Sometimes the peas fail.

Those greens gonna come in mighty handy when Debbie makes a big pot of beeef stew, maybe some skillet corn bread and while we are at it might as well have a big slice of apple pie and black coffe, before heading to the front porch for a nap. :wink:
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Those greens gonna come in mighty handy when Debbie makes a big pot of beeef stew, maybe some skillet corn bread and while we are at it might as well have a big slice of apple pie and black coffe, before heading to the front porch for a nap. :wink:
good luck

You better take some bug dope if you are planning on getting any rest at all. :wink:

Guess I'd better quit resting and get something done today. :D

Latest posts