• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

SAY nr DO YOU REMBER THAT OLE WOMAN THAT CALLED HERSELF MRJ

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I believe she was the one that was always slanting and twisting the facts about the check off,truth be known she may have been paid to lie like that,well no matter just a matter of time till LMA takes it over.........good luck

Haymaker,

Sometimes when there's a change such as this format, it affords one the opporunity to decide if time sppent here is worth. Maxine has a family and ranch that she could invest such time in. If that is her decision, I'd say it was a better investment. I don't pretend to speak for her, I'm just saying everyone has their own decisions to make and sometimes things run thier course.

by the wway, the colt I picked up last summer is coming along fine. his mom's about to have another one, The Barred and Doc's Genuine Risk have me pretty excited,

Yes Haymaker, I've been hoping MRJ would return. Clarence said she was away earlier- NCBA convention. Hope she didn't pick up that nasty flu going round. NO telling what you can pick up at those conventions

Sun still shining down in the Lone Star state? When do those blue bonnets turn blue? I've heard you have fields and fields of them.

PPRM said:
Haymaker,

Sometimes when there's a change such as this format, it affords one the opporunity to decide if time sppent here is worth. Maxine has a family and ranch that she could invest such time in. If that is her decision, I'd say it was a better investment. I don't pretend to speak for her, I'm just saying everyone has their own decisions to make and sometimes things run thier course.

by the wway, the colt I picked up last summer is coming along fine. his mom's about to have another one, The Barred and Doc's Genuine Risk have me pretty excited,

well since we can send pictures now lets see what he looks like..........good luck

nr said:
Yes Haymaker, I've been hoping MRJ would return. Clarence said she was away earlier- NCBA convention. Hope she didn't pick up that nasty flu going round. NO telling what you can pick up at those conventions

Sun still shining down in the Lone Star state? When do those blue bonnets turn blue? I've heard you have fields and fields of them.

No sun quit but still warm and wet,yes lots of blue bonnets the ladies really like em,they start in march in south Texas then april here in the hill country.I hope this new format dont run MRJ off ,we are still missing her and BEV from south dakota ,and that ole blow hard that called his self ANGUS BULL,can you think of any body else................good luck

Hello to you, too, Haymaker. You remind me of the little kid that doesn't ever learn to interract properly with others of the peer group at day care or school!

I find it very offensive for you to write that I'm spinning, slanting, or in any way mis-representing anything about the Beef Checkoff because there are too many people (at least in SD) who are making false claims about how checkoff money is spent, that some will believe your lies.

That troubles me for the Checkoff, rather than for myself. It really doesn't bother me what others may think about me because I know and am at peace with my actions and thoughts.

Are you really sure you want LMA to "take over" the cattle business? That is even more fearsome than the possibility of losing the Beef Checkoff! All the angst and fuss over "big business/corporate takeovers of agriculture" .....while LMA is controlled by some of the biggest of the market operators and rancher/market operators in the country!!!! How strange people are in what/whom they choose to believe and place their trust with!

MRJ

How strange people are in what/whom they choose to believe and place their trust with!

MRJ[/quote]

MRJ, you just have to remember that sometimes HAYMAKER is sort of misguided. Either he wasn't properly disciplined as a child, or was clubbed in the head a little too hard.

Glad you're back, and that you had a great vacation! The board just wasn't right without your wit and wisdom.

"The board just wasn't right without your wit and wisdom."

Or her boxing gloves. MRJ has come back swinging!

Faster horses said:
Haymaker, can you take a picture of these Blue Bonnets and share it here with all of us? I've never seen them before.

Thanks!

NO faster horses I cant I doubt I will ever be that computer literate,plus I dont have a digital camera.Well MRJ is back whats that ole saying be careful what you wish for LOL...............good luck

Cal said:
How strange people are in what/whom they choose to believe and place their trust with!

MRJ

MRJ, you just have to remember that sometimes HAYMAKER is sort of misguided. Either he wasn't properly disciplined as a child, or was clubbed in the head a little too hard.

Glad you're back, and that you had a great vacation! The board just wasn't right without your wit and wisdom.[/quote]

cal I could say the same thing about your dumb ass,she is back aint she..............good luck

WELCOME back MRJ several of us missed you, tell us how the convention went and what you learned ,did you get to eat out in the river walk?.......good luck ps what do you think of the new RANCHERS NET?

rancher said:
Welcome back, what did you think of the NCBA flip flop?

Thats what I've been waiting for-- an NCBA convention report and your feelings on the new NCBA stance-- Is it just a whitewash to keep from losing more members to R-CALF ? Or do they really want to again represent the cattleman? My check is made out- just haven't dated and signed it- waiting to see if they really follow up on what they said........

cal I could say the same thing about your dumb ass,she is back aint she..............good luck[/quote]

HAYMAKER, anyone who thinks the beef industry would benefit by having the LMA handle the checkoff has no business calling anyone a dumba**.

Here's the deal. I support the checkoff, and haymaker, I guess you don't. We both raise cattle, and can have an honest difference of opinion. Even checkoff abolitionists must reluctantly agree we've seen a positive return from the monies collected. Hell haymaker, I'm even with you resenting the draconian enforcement of the checkoff - I've never warmed up to putting cattlemen in jail. BUT you're not thinking clearly with regard to LMA. The LMA has no place in this discussion - NO STANDING. They're simply exploiting an honest difference that you and I have to their own purpose. Look at it this way. Suppose a woman had a husband and an extramarital boyfriend, and the hubby comes home and catches the boyfriend with the ho. So the 2 guys are getting ready to fight, and the ho puts a gun in one of their hands. Just like that, one dies, one goes to jail, and the snide keeps all the assets. LMA is only interested in excessive turnover of cattle that will necessarily harm BEEF PRODUCERS, and to this end they'll gladly finance opposition to the chckoff.

Checkoff has been a good thing for the cattle and beef industry- Problem came about when NCBA would not bend and look at a little change or even the question of a producer referendum- this may result in the death of the checkoff.... But I agree it needs some changes in administration and implementation to make it fair and viable- right now it operates under a cloud of impropriety.....

If it stands the court challenge let ALL those that pay it decide who gets to contract and administrate the funds-- Not just the NCBA.......

Cal said:
cal I could say the same thing about your dumb ass,she is back aint she..............good luck

HAYMAKER, anyone who thinks the beef industry would benefit by having the LMA handle the checkoff has no business calling anyone a dumba**.[/quote]

cal you are hard headed or short on memory I have said this at least a dozen times but because I believe you to be slow ILL repeat it again,:I WANT TO SEE MORE THAN ONE PLAYER CONTROLLING THE CHECK OFF .I support the check off and I would support it if it was $5 a head but listen closely conpetion breeds fairness give the cattle man the option plan A controlled by the ncba or plan B controlled by the LMA..............good luck PS I believe even you can understand that???

HAY MAKER said:
Cal said:

HAYMAKER, anyone who thinks the beef industry would benefit by having the LMA handle the checkoff has no business calling anyone a dumba**.

cal you are hard headed or short on memory I have said this at least a dozen times but because I believe you to be slow ILL repeat it again,:I WANT TO SEE MORE THAN ONE PLAYER CONTROLLING THE CHECK OFF .I support the check off and I would support it if it was $5 a head but listen closely conpetion breeds fairness give the cattle man the option plan A controlled by the ncba or plan B controlled by the LMA..............good luck PS I believe even you can understand that???[/quote]

Haymaker your the hard headed one. I'm not even from the states and I understand how your check off is controled. The CBB in each state which is made up of many cattle orgs. You can be so pig headed at times.

:cowboy:

Latest posts