• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Say, you pickers wanna see my new toy ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
2012-07-09-00.08.02.jpg

good luck

It's a new undertaking, kinda a fun instrument and compared to guitar alot easier to play.
good luck

Well that is a mighty shiny specimen! I kinda wish I'd taken up the mandolin or guitar as a first instrument rather than the 5-string. I don[t suppose I'll ever make sense of that thing :?

Takes talent to play any of those stringed instuments. I dabbled with a guitar but never did get it figured out. My youngest brother plays a fine guitar though, which shows ya where the talent went! :D Fine looking even if i don't know what it is Haymaker.

burnt said:
HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:
Ok, I'll ask the dumb question. What is it, Haymaker? :p

Its a genuine Lady gitter :D
good luck

I think it is spelled "guitar".

And that's not what I'd call that thang. :D

I think this guitar is spelled "mandolin" Burnt. :shock: :p

I would stick with that Banjo Silver, always a pleasure to see a good banjo player in a bluegrass Jam, they really fill in the middle.
good luck

gcreekrch said:
You'll have to come up and get in a mandolin pickin' contest with my BIL Hay Maker.

The hotter drier it gets around here the more I look north, it will be awhile till I get in any Mando pickin contest but when I come will bring Mando/guitar, lots a bluegrass pickers in Canada, run into them in winter here in Texas, guess they don't like the cold
:D Good luck

Mike said:
Is that a Loar?

No, I decided on spending a few bucks locally went to Austin and bought a Collings, sure like it and it cuts good at bluegrass jams and have the ole geezers lined up to play it when i show up, dont get any better'n that for me.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Mike said:
Is that a Loar?

No, I decided on spending a few bucks locally went to Austin and bought a Collings, sure like it and it cuts good at bluegrass jams and have the ole geezers lined up to play it when i show up, dont get any better'n that for me.
good luck

Just wondered, I've seen that very same headstock on Loars & Alvarez mandolins.

Nice.

Latest posts