• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Schooling now????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
I think thta the teachers now should be doing more teaching on how to live in the real world. Today some kid, same age as me, came up to me and said that I'm soo unlucky that I have to live on a farm, and I have to work. I coulda knocked this guy out cold i was so mad. Now the lots of the modern kids that dont do squat or close to it don't know what the meaning of hard work is. When everyone else goes off to make a livin' for themselves, kids like these will still be living their parent's basement with their hand out for allowance when theyre 18. :mad: :mad: :mad: :evil: :evil:
Kids like these make me soo mad!!! GRRRRRRR

I hear ya, ACS. There are a pile of kids out there today that have no knowledge of a farm or ranch kid's lifestyle and upbringing. Therefore, they have no clue as to what real work is, (which flipping burgers ain't). They have an almost completely undeveloped sense of responsibility and work ethic.

I need only look at my urban nieces and nephews to see this fact demonstrated. The reality may also be that many farm/ranch kids have an over-developed sense of responsibility. I know that as a kid, I had to do things that were beyond my ability and years, and I made some of the same mistakes with my kids.

However, I'm not sure that the teachers can get the job done on their own. Why should the teacher's word have any effect if the parents haven't instilled any of strong life skills/values in their kids?

There are some non-rural parents who have taught their kids well, so it isn't fair to paint all with the same brush. But it seems that on the farm or ranch, learning these skills the hard, fast way is the default for most who are raised there.

There is no doubt that kids raised in agrarian settings turn out to be the most trainable and productive workers found anywhere in the workforce if they do leave the farm.

How many people factor this knowledge into their bottom line when they are trying to work out the balance sheet at the end of a year, or, lifetime on the farm or ranch?

I'll bet you weren't looking for a lecture like this when you posted that, were ya, kid. :)

greg said:
Hey Angus...you da stud,why worry what some uninformed town kid says :twisted:

Beleive me, there were more things than what I stated. They were horrid... I'm just trying to say that someday the kids that don't do anything, have a big surprise in store for them when they turn 18.

hii i can understand
actually its the geenration gap that has set in
as a result their thinking is different as they are exposed to newer and newer technology that makes life easier but at the same time it makes life shorter as then one tends to become lazy and not work

Latest posts