• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Seems burning Holy Books is okay.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Gen. David Petraeus and White House Oppose Koran Burning, but U.S. Military Burned Bibles in Afghanistan

General David Petraeus took a rare position on a domestic issue by opposing the planned burning of Korans by a Florida church. The White House called it un-American.

On Monday, Petraeus said the Quran-burning event would be exploited by the Taliban. The White House also spoke out against the plan as "un-American" and said it would put American diplomats and travelers at risk.

"It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," he said. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world, we are engaged with the Islamic community."

However, both Petraeus and the White House were silent in May of 2009 when the U.S. Military burned bibles in Afghanistan.

Military personnel threw away, and ultimately burned, confiscated Bibles that were printed in the two most common Afghan languages amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, a Defense Department spokesman said Tuesday.

The White House and Gen. Petraeus need to choose a consistent position. They are either pro holy book burning or anti holy book burning. Which is it?

although I am English I am with you all the way there, it has sickend me to hear about this, as it is alright for them to burn our flags and books, but woe betide we should want to protest, in case we upset these b's. It is about time we took a stand and showed them that they can't walk all over us. It seems one rule for them and another for us, and it is us that has to back down all the time. But why do we have to take the high moral stand as they don't understand this, I know it is easier to come down to their level, rather than stand up high, but it is the only way they seem to understand. All I can see is it the OIL that we need, that we have to try to keep them sweet. I can't see it doing any more harm to our boys over there as they are in it enough with these cowards fighting, War to me is where you can see your enemy, and fight fairly not hide and place mines and so on, COWARDS the lot of them in my eyes. I'll stop now as this is making my blood boil..... :mad:

I guess I do not favor the burning of a few hundred books of the Koran. It would just be making a statement. I would do no good and perhaps no real harm.
On the other hand, I do not favor building a mosque or Muslin community center near ground zero. That too is trying to just make a statement, it is gloating. Ben Laden boasted, and openly thanked Alah for the damage and deaths he himself caused. The real and true God may permit violence and destruction, but he does not condone it.

As for the burning of bibles in Afghanistan, that was a phoney gesture. That was just as phoney as Obama hopeing to apease the Muslins, by saying ours is not a Christian nation. Ours is a Christian nation, built on Christian principles that respect the rights of people.

It is true that through the centuries, Christainity has not had a perfect record but it is based on forgiveness and tolerance within reasonable limits.

Also our Christian religion does not give the people who pratice it permission to go out and commit a crime including murder. A Fatwa. it was called for Salman Rushdie' death in 1989, thankfully it did not happen.
and they call themselves a peaceful religion - ha!
pull the other one it rings.

shaumei said:
israel did 9/11 so what should I burn?

You have all the supposed answers why don't you tell us!
What does you antenna wearing handlers suggest,
Need time to confer with them no probelm

hopalong said:
shaumei said:

You have all the supposed answers why don't you tell us!
What does you antenna wearing handlers suggest,
Need time to confer with them no probelm

handlers? i am counterintelligence you know...

Death threats began not long after he announced in July that he would have "International Burn-a- Quran Day."

The Rev. Terry Jones, 58, explained how he received more than 100 death threats, and has started wearing a .40-caliber pistol.

Supporters have been mailing Quran copies to his church for the bonfire.

In Kabul, protesters burned an effigy of Mr. Jones and stoned a passing U.S. convoy. Some of the protesters chanted "Death to America!" and "Death to Obama!"

Tehran's ruling mullahs warned of an "uncontrollable response" if the Koran burning went ahead.

An internal FBI memo, published yesterday on an Internet site, warned of radical Islamic retaliation. It said extremist websites included postings from suicide bombers threatening to detonate bombs at the Dove World Outreach Center.

while I don't condone his actions,.. I find it ironic the violence they threaten him with..

shaumei said:
No it didn't......and no-one has to burn anything, we just need to make a stand and take our Christian Countries back.

chrisy said:
shaumei said:
No it didn't......and no-one has to burn anything, we just need to make a stand and take our Christian Countries back.

chrisy,

israel had the most to gain from 9/11...i always wondered why the muslims would do such an attack when they know we will just destroy them...they did not...it was done by israel and if you look into it you will see that mossad agents were arrested in new york on 9/11 in a van with pictures of the twin towers on the side with a plane hitting them...you cannot make this stuff up...check my facts on that...

mossad wired the buildings...had inside help from silverstein whom had the keys to the buildings...

I don't always agree with Rev. Jonathan Falwell- the same as I didn't with his father....But on this nutty minister in Floridas actions- I agree 100%...

Falwell Confidential
by Jonathan Falwell

Burning the Quran vs. Calling Men to Follow Christ

Dominating the headlines this week has been the plan of a pastor in Gainesville, Fla., to burn copies of the Quran on Saturday. As I write this column, there are reports saying that Pastor Terry Jones has decided not to burn the Quran after receiving a "sign from God."

As I reflect on this situation, I can't help but consider Mark 2:17, where Jesus was questioned for dining with "tax collectors and sinners." The verse reads, "When Jesus heard it, he said to them, 'Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.'"

Calling sinners to a Holy God is also our role, as followers of Jesus Christ. When we get off on inept tangents, we lose our ability to call people to the Savior.

I don't know what caused this pastor to get the idea that burning the Quran was a good idea, but it is obviously an idea that counters the teachings of Jesus. We know that Jesus did not come to this earth to cause conflict or discord, but to draw people unto Himself.

I'm not saying our faith should lack controversy because when we speak out about Jesus, especially in a public forum, we inevitably bring about debate and controversy.

R.C. Sproul, writing in "Essential Truths of the Christian Faith," said, "Jesus' life was a storm of controversy. The apostles, like the prophets before them, could hardly go a day without controversy. Paul said that he debated daily in the marketplace. To avoid controversy is to avoid Christ. We can have peace, but it is a servile and carnal peace where truth is slain in the streets."

That type of God-honoring controversy, however, is unlike that being stirred up in Gainesville. Instead of calling men to the living Christ, the pastor planning to burn the Quran is drawing man's attention to him; it is a self-serving action. This is not what we, as Christians, are called to do. Our attention, our eternal focus, must be on the One who calls all men to salvation through Jesus Christ.

In John 3:17, Jesus said, "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."

As followers of Jesus, we too should not be centered solely on the condemnation of man; we should be calling all people to the truth of the Gospel of Christ.

All Christians should remember at all times that Jesus is our motivation for living and ministering. As He reminded us in I John 5:20, "And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life."

Self-seeking efforts do nothing but demean the Gospel. We've seen it throughout history and we are seeing it now.

Oldtimer,

i get a taste of what Jesus must have felt on this board at times. Knowing I am right but trying to convince the masses. Even armed with the evidence, it is very difficult.

why is it so hard to be the better nation for you people....let them burn your books and openly hate you..In the end they gain nothing if you stand your ground on gods words......Not through reacting to them...maybe it was Gods will for things to happen to his fellow chritains....maybe the sacrifices of our times are a test of our commitment to christ....How does burning the coran change anything?.All it does is bring you down to the level of a hater...Sure protect and defend yourself,but if you do attack as a way of defence,attack the right people....Muslims have some strange believes inside thier holy book just as you do in yours....Education,forgivness and love are the only paths way to peace..

shaumei said:
i always wondered why the muslims would do such an attack when they know we will just destroy them....

Actually, Bin Laden hoped we would retaliate and go over there and fight them. They would then have the advantage, as we can never win such a war unless we totally wipe out the population, which we will not. Our enemies planned for us to go after them and they would contribute to our bankruptcy. We spend trillions chasing a couple hundred al qaeda. Thousands of our troops dead, tens of thousands maimed for life.

And we call that revenge. We are fools.

The terrorists are extremists who responded the same way extremists will in the U.S. when we are invaded by a country who declares our assets vital to their national security. We have intervened in the affairs of the middle east for most of a century. If other countries did that to us, we'd find out how peaceful and loving we really are. I think we'd find out we're not much different than they are.

Here is a history of our meddling over there since around 1920.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6308.htm

djinwa said:
shaumei said:
i always wondered why the muslims would do such an attack when they know we will just destroy them....

Actually, Bin Laden hoped we would retaliate and go over there and fight them. They would then have the advantage, as we can never win such a war unless we totally wipe out the population, which we will not. Our enemies planned for us to go after them and they would contribute to our bankruptcy. We spend trillions chasing a couple hundred al qaeda. Thousands of our troops dead, tens of thousands maimed for life.

And we call that revenge. We are fools.

The terrorists are extremists who responded the same way extremists will in the U.S. when we are invaded by a country who declares our assets vital to their national security. We have intervened in the affairs of the middle east for most of a century. If other countries did that to us, we'd find out how peaceful and loving we really are. I think we'd find out we're not much different than they are.

Here is a history of our meddling over there since around 1920.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6308.htm

I suggest you watch a video online called " 9/11 Zero an investigation " on google video...

this war is for the corporations as all of them have been...but especially vietnam and iraq afghanistan...halliburton, brown and root, etc make the money on these wars and the oil companies got the spoils....plus they got to pass the patriot act and destroy our constitution....they could care less they bankrupted our country...with useless eaters in this country like hopalong, mike, steve, larry etc they could care less as these people have their heads all the way up their asses...

shaumei said:
chrisy said:
shaumei said:

chrisy,

israel had the most to gain from 9/11...i always wondered why the muslims would do such an attack when they know we will just destroy them...they did not...it was done by israel and if you look into it you will see that mossad agents were arrested in new york on 9/11 in a van with pictures of the twin towers on the side with a plane hitting them...you cannot make this stuff up...check my facts on that...

mossad wired the buildings...had inside help from silverstein whom had the keys to the buildings...
Well I have gone onto google and read what was there, I have always said it was not Iraq that sent the planes to destroy the Towers, and that Bush only went after Sadam to save face for his father for not executing him after the first Gulf War. but I would not have said the Israli's would have done such a thing, I would have and did say it was Bin Laden and his crew that organised it, and that a lot of it was done over here in the North of England, where no-one would ever think of looking. Until after the event when a few of the terrorists were found. As I am sure some of the ones who done 9/11 also done 7/7 here. but there is food for thought in all this reading, I will have to be a bit more convinced on the Israli front though..emmm!

Latest posts