• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Self propelled hamburger

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
3AC23CA7-FC94-4EF8-857F-745775A9E5B3.jpeg

Well Hell. Took my bull to the vet today for a breeding evaluation exam and he failed with flying colors. Motility issues big time in the semen test. So much for that, I guess. I'd planned on a new bull in the spring anyway, but had a guy who wanted my bull until he didn't pass. So to the sale barn he goes. I will get his third calf crop next spring so he doesn't owe me anything. Such is life.

Attachments

• 724584BF-402F-474B-821F-EC6C009A15FB.jpeg
    724584BF-402F-474B-821F-EC6C009A15FB.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 11
we had one open, and she was an old frozen foot that always raised a big calf, there was 2 late as we didn't pull bulls and one old cull we didn't check. but got one new long yearling bull whose foot rot got turned into a bad shoulder, we already had gotten a young bull calf to help cover him . But still need only one bull to replace one we sold , so this will bee a 4 new bull year.

I had that happen to me once when my 4-year-old bull got 15 cows pregnant and then three months later tested sterile after I had a buyer. The vet had no explanation. Needless to say, his registered top bloodline papers had no bearing on his sale price. After that, I sold off all registered and ran all grade stock.

we had one open, and she was an old frozen foot that always raised a big calf, there was 2 late as we didn't pull bulls and one old cull we didn't check. but got one new long yearling bull whose foot rot got turned into a bad shoulder, we already had gotten a young bull calf to help cover him . But still need only one bull to replace one we sold , so this will bee a 4 new bull year.
Just think of all the bull sale you can go to and eat their free lunch.

We(backgrounded) fed calves over at Gooding Idaho for a few years, well one year we sold everything there, but the replacements and it was almost May and we still had snow. Well, the outfit we bought bulls from had wintered some bull calves on the same place, so he turned a bull in with our replacement heifers for a week before we brought them home. The next spring 1/3 of them calved the first week. Well, that fall at the bull sale he said this Bull wad used this spring, he been tested for everything. Well, nobody bid Think I bought him for around $2000. Two years later The Outfit that had backgrounded our calves had a purebred herd and he had used the bull. Well at his sale his top 5 bull had been sired by this bull. He called made and offer for a Bull I used for 2 years for double what I had paid for it. There always just that one time.

Latest posts