• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Self propelled weed eaters

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bootheel

Reaction score
We been a little to busy to spray or use the weed trimmer in the lane, usually out of gas, string, chemicals, pump broke, too hot, yeah you get the idea, I don't enoy lawn work. Decided to use the self propelled rigs as they needed moved anyhow.
[img
001.jpg
]
These are the easiest startin' weed eaters I have used. Just send the dogs and they start right up :D

[/img]
002-1.jpg

Their blades don't dull on gravel and they ain't too hard on the kids,er uh the children that is.
005-1.jpg

Even a three legged dog can keep 'em held up
[/img]
006-1.jpg

Mobbed up on the stump weeds
010-1.jpg

Skilled labor is a must though, you need a fully trained cuttin' hoss, two union reps, photagrapher, and a tripod dog to hold the road side.
011-1.jpg

Lefty seems capable of holding the South side without union representation, a true conservative :D

012-1.jpg

The sermon from the stump must have been inspirational as they stayed gathered around for a good bit.

Life is Good, even for a lowly goat herder

Ya'll can :D now[/img]

To funny! Thanks for your commentary along with the photo's made my morning..lol Now for a "blond" question..do you actually raise these critters or are ya just renting out the weedeaters? I know folks do rent herds just for that purpose...I love the one with your daughter sitting on the "cutting horse"...great life for your kids...all of em! lol

Jassy, I am afraid to admit the truth as goat envy may sweep Ranchers net, mass chaos may ensue, markets will crash as these bonafide cowboys disperse their massive holdings to become goat barons.

I am in charge of their care and will admit or deny nothing further. :wink:

If you enoyed the pics and they brought a smile as intendend, thank you and your welcome, if not you may be stricken with goat envy, there is only one cure, forgive me and God bless.

Ya'll have a blessed week

I was just starting to think Bootheek might be a pretty good egg! Then he outed himself as a goatherder! :shock: :roll: I guess now we all can see the egg is cracked! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My advice as a repentant ex-guy-who's-CHILDREN-once had two goats-a really long time ago, is to quickly have a herd dispersal sale and never speak of it again!

leanin' H said:
I was just starting to think Bootheek might be a pretty good egg! Then he outed himself as a goatherder! :shock: :roll: I guess now we all can see the egg is cracked! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My advice as a repentant ex-guy-who's-CHILDREN-once had two goats-a really long time ago, is to quickly have a herd dispersal sale and never speak of it again!

Does anyone else detect a former "goatman" going through withdrawal symptoms and denial distress? :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Thanks for the photos Bootheel, life would be pretty boring if we were all the same. :D

I'd like to see some pics on how you gather them up and move them. I work for a Biotech company with about 275 goats, half of the herd is not in production but only being boosted every other week. They are all kept in confinement (pens with outdoor runouts). I think their are some opportunities to use them for custom brush control. How hard is it to train them to the electric fence? I also own two goats I adopted from the company and have kept them in an electric fence, but the first time I tried a 42" Electric net, one goat jumped right over it.

I'd like to see some pics on how you gather them up and move them. I work for a Biotech company with about 275 goats, half of the herd is not in production but only being boosted every other week. They are all kept in confinement (pens with outdoor runouts). I think their are some opportunities to use them for custom brush control. How hard is it to train them to the electric fence?

Ben, these pretty much are pics, of me moving them. If the are healthy, dog broke, and do not have babies, I just send the dogs. They do not glue together as sheep, a little bit more like cattle. Fences in the pictures are what they are run behind. Adults are fairly easily contained, babies like holding a rabbit or water.

Thank you guys, and have a good one.

Ben, I reread my post from this morning, not some of my better work and I apologize, with a two week old baby mornings can be kind of groggy.

I prefer to work them with dogs but they will also follow you to the end of the earth for a little grain, they do lack for manners though and will crawl all over you for it.

Like I said before they are somewhere beyween a cow and a sheep handling wise.

When I need to sort or work 'em, just pull the trailer in the field or lane and the dogs put them in.

Hope this was better.

That does help, you're using dogs to load them instead of setting up a corral, I hadn't considered that as an option. Thanks.

Latest posts