• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Senate Rejects Amendment on Gay Marriage

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Frankk

Reaction score
"
We're not going to stop until marriage between a man and a woman is protected," said Sen. Sam Brownback, R-Kan.

How is my marriage of 37 years going to be protected by banning gay marriage? I have never felt threatened by anyone, it get stronger each year.

Frankk said:
"
We're not going to stop until marriage between a man and a woman is protected," said Sen. Sam Brownback, R-Kan.

How is my marriage of 37 years going to be protected by banning gay marriage? I have never felt threatened by anyone, it get stronger each year.

You don't get it, frankk, and frankly I don't think you'll EVER get it. You live in a paradigm and will NEVER see the picture as a whole. :!:

Hanta Yo said:
Frankk said:
"

You don't get it, frankk, and frankly I don't think you'll EVER get it. You live in a paradigm and will NEVER see the picture as a whole. :!:

Well, explain it to me hanta yo

I don't support gay marriage whatsoever, but this measure was a joke to begin with. For a constitutional amendment to become law, it not only needs to pass the house and the senate, but needs to be ratified by every single state. I don't think anybody thought Massachussetts or California would ratify this, even if it passed the federal level. Maybe this is getting off on a tangent, but I think each state should decide for itself on matters like abortion, gay marriage, etc. We are "united states" but that doesn't mean marginal social issues (which are largely rhetorical) can't be decided on a local level. Frankly, whether you like homosexuals or hate them, this is really a non-issue. If we ban gays from marrying, can it really revert the negative impact they've had on this culture? Probably not. If you buy into the homosexual agenda, will a ban really stop you from trying to degrade the social fabric of this country? Nope. If they change the meaning of marriage, the best Christians can do is to turn their backs on Big Brother's definition of marriage.

You think a law/amendment is gonna stop gay activity? Come on...surely you don't believe that?

This is a major waste of time and money. Did I miss something and all the OTHER problems of the US...where they fixed over nite???? Does the Congress have NOTHING else to worry with???

I don't feel my marriage is threatened. Exactly what does allowing to same sex people to get "married" affect my marriage? I've never seen anyone answer that question. There was a Catholic Bishop on TV last night who said he objected to the use of the word "marriage", but didn't have any problem with "civil unions" between same sex couples. That blew me away. Republican Vice President Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter (had to get it all in there :D ), says if the Republican party doesn't get right with homosexuals, they'll be irrelevant in the future. She's probably right. The number of people who oppose gay marriage in the US has dropped considerably in the last ten years. Younger gay people are more likely to "come out", younger people are more likely to know someone openly gay, it's not an especially big deal for them.

So many of you on here act like you think being homosexaul is a chioce?In somecases maybe,and those cases are ussaully hot bi-curious females.
Is it wrong for any citezen who dosent break the law,to want the same fairness as all others who dont?Is marraige about love? Is marraige about a bond of that love?Is marraige nothing more than a committment to another to be with only that other?Many of you were sinners before marraige,but you were allowed to marry.

My next question is.Who decided we had a right to vote on Gay marrages?
Either the church will let them or not...I do not think politics sould be in with religion,it has no bussiness there...If a church will marry gays,give them a license and tax breaks just like anyone elese who marries gets...

I guess I'm really apathetic to the gay marriage issue,doesn't really matter to me BUT I do NOT think our government has a right to try and make a church marry anyone they don't want to marry.Our government has now changed so that shouldn't be an issue right now.Churches have the right to say "NO" to any marriage, a gay marriage should be no different,and there should be no shouts of discrimination on the issue either.

nonothing said:
My next question is.Who decided we had a right to vote on Gay marrages?
Either the church will let them or not...I do not think politics sould be in with religion,it has no bussiness there...If a church will marry gays,give them a license and tax breaks just like anyone elese who marries gets...

The Republican leadership in the Senate decided they had the right to vote on gay marriage. It's the same group that decided they had the right to tell a husband (Michael Schiavo) how to care for his wife. This bunch of Republicans has run up the highest Federal deficit in history, while claiming to be the party of fiscal responsibility and created the largest government in US history, while claiming to be for smaller government. What a bunch of hypocrites. :roll:

reader (the Second) said:
In most cases, it is clearly not a choice, although in a few cases in high school nowadays, I think it's part of acting out and experimentation. I believe this is with girls primarily from my limited observation of my kids' peers. Boys are gay or not, and the vast majority are not. Believe me the blatantly sexual heterosexual images and language in the media and entertainment are a much more powerful force on society today in pushing younger and younger kids towards some form of sexual activity. Enough said but you can read about 11 year olds and what they do in the newspapers. And I'm talking boy on girl...

Chemistry exists and most of us are wired to be attracted to the opposite sex, and then only some portion of the opposite sex do we have real chemistry with.

The gay people I have met are attracted to their own gender and starting at an early age. Some have indeed had dysfunctional families or disturbing sexual encounters at a young age, but many are just from regular families, middle class/happy/even military, and one kid turned out to be attracted to the same sex.

I saw some research that showed a lesbian's brain reacted to certain stimuli in the same manner as a hetrosexual man's brain.

http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/abstract/103/21/8269

The question isn't if them getting married will affect individual marriages. However, if we accept gays getting married, we will be essentially saying our entire culture, history, and tradition are worthless. I believe people don't choose to be homosexual any more than they choose to be schizophrenic. But that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend a schizophrenic is normal.

Latest posts