• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Senepol Cattle Show - San Mateo, Anzoategui, Venezuela

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing

Reaction score
These are photos from the first national show held by the newly-formed Senepol Association of Venezuela.

100_4759.jpg

100_4760.jpg

100_4764.jpg

100_4770.jpg

100_4752.jpg

Nice lookin' bales of bermuda.
100_4742.jpg

Guess who the lucky guy was who won the contract to supply bales for the show? :D
100_4741.jpg
[/img]

Big Muddy rancher said:
The cattle look good but they might be a little slick haired for the weather here this morning. :eek:

Yes, the culture shock of bringing those cattle to the great white north would be almost as hard as it would be on the supplier of those nice bales in his outfit. :lol: :lol:

The cattle look good. I am wondering if you could tell me what the marks are on the hide of the bull in the first picture. I am just taking a guess, but are they from some type of tick? Not a big issue up here in North West Saskatchewan.

Ya know those cattle look good.

You know it's dry when people comment on the nice looking feed and don't mention the pretty girl. I'd sure love to have some of that feed, but I imagine the freight might be a little steep.

Faster horses said:
Larrry said:
Ya know those cattle look good.

You know it's dry when people comment on the nice looking feed and don't mention the pretty girl. I'd sure love to have some of that feed, but I imagine the freight might be a little steep.

It was a test.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

or a trap :wink:

loomixguy said:
He should buy a new hat! :wink: :D

That is a new hat.....it's my "dress" strawhat. :lol:

As for the marks on that first bull, I don't think they're tick bite marks. Ticks tend to accumulate on the underside of the animals, testicles, and around the ears. He may have been one of the bulls who rolled on the ground shortly before I took the pic. Several had done that.

Whitewing said:
loomixguy said:
He should buy a new hat! :wink: :D

That is a new hat.....it's my "dress" strawhat. :lol:

As for the marks on that first bull, I don't think they're tick bite marks. Ticks tend to accumulate on the underside of the animals, testicles, and around the ears. He may have been one of the bulls who rolled on the ground shortly before I took the pic. Several had done that.

With that hat, all you need is some more whiskers and some bib overhauls and folks up here will be thinkin' there is a still someplace close by down there...

Nice looking Senepol, they do grow a fair haircoat in northern climates,as the Red Poll % adds enough British influence to give them cold adaptation especially if bred and selected in a given cold environment, much like the Canadian Bonasmara I have posted here before.

Locally a friend that I have not been on his place for awhile has some of these he was very proud of his herd like most of us are. While showing me his he had to admit they were only part Senepol and something else he boasts they only need mineral and he uses mob grazing. He claims his only vet bills are the annual dehorning according to him they do not get flys or never to be wormed He also maintains a 40 year old organic garden

Hay Feeder said:
Locally a friend that I have not been on his place for awhile has some of these he was very proud of his herd like most of us are. While showing me his he had to admit they were only part Senepol and something else he boasts they only need mineral and he uses mob grazing. He claims his only vet bills are the annual dehorning according to him they do not get flys or never to be wormed He also maintains a 40 year old organic garden
Crossing to either breed functional hybids in a terminal or rotational crossbreeding system is one solution to using functional genetics in an environment outside of the breeds usual climatic range, many commercial cattlemen are choosing the option of developing composites suited to their environment and management style. Since the recent grazing course in Florida, there has been several discussions amongst some large ranchers about adding a percentage Mashona to their commercial herds to utilise their non selective feeding traits and large rumen capacity allowing for a better utilisation of poor forage, a 50% British/50% Mashona is being considered by several ranchers. The Veldmaster concept encompasses this type of tailoring a composite for your specific needs.

Latest posts