• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

September 2 and 3, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Lookingdownononeofourhaymeadows.jpg

Looking down on one of our hay meadows from atop a molehill
Thereisstillsometocutifitdriesoutenough.jpg

Their is still some to cut if it dries out enough.
Lookingatanothermeadowfromthesamehill.jpg

Looking at another meadow from the same hill
AttheMilesCitySaddlery.jpg

At the Miles City Saddlery
LotsofniftyoldtimeMilesCityCoggshallsaddles.jpg

Lots of nifty old time Miles City Coggshall saddles
Aninterestingdesign.jpg

An interesting design
Quiteacollection.jpg

Quite a collection
Ataweddingreception.jpg

At a wedding reception. I happened to go see the saddlery while the wedding was in progress, but it was fun catching up with everyone at the reception. :wink:
Peachandhermother.jpg

Peach and her mother
Fromrighttoleft--Peachsmotherhermotherssisterandtheirbrotherswidowontheleft.jpg

The lady on the left is the groom's grandmother. Her husband was the brother of Peach's mother (far right) and the lady in the middle.
AnotheroldMilesCityCoggshallsaddle.jpg

Another old Miles City Coggshall saddle
Theoffside.jpg

The off side
Custonmadetoorderforsomeone.jpg

Custom made to order for someone
Anumberthreeinthedecorativetooling.jpg

A number three in the decorative tooling
Itevenhastheoriginalmohaircinchthatcamewithit.jpg

It even has the original mohair cinch and cinch cover that came with the saddle when it was new.

Cedarcreek said:
Soap, you were pretty close to the country I call home when you were in Miles City.

It looked like it has been a good summer in the Miles City area. There was a lot of hay visible from the highway, and there appeared to be much grazing still available. Sure looks like idea ranch country in your neck of the woods.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
That is quite the collection at the Saddlery. I always enjoy taking a peek when ever I get to Miles City. :D

You better go to bed. It's getting late. :wink:

Just got home from a corn feed in Montana. :D

I just got home from the Cody Fireman's Smoker. The breaded mountain oysters were fantastic. Hope my toes don't turn up from founder. :wink:

Soapweed said:
Cedarcreek said:
Soap, you were pretty close to the country I call home when you were in Miles City.

It looked like it has been a good summer in the Miles City area. There was a lot of hay visible from the highway, and there appeared to be much grazing still available. Sure looks like idea ranch country in your neck of the woods.

I'm about 45 miles northeast of Miles. We've had about double our normal moisture for the year so far. Its still greener here than around Miles. I've put up almost 3X my normal hay crop but after last winter everybody is putting up all the hay they can and hoping we don't have to feed all of it this winter.

Latest posts