• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Seven hours ten minutes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Grandad

Reaction score
I'm glad that the shortest day of the year only lasts a day. :D The sun rises here at 9:21AM and sets at 4:21 PM. I think where Silver lives the day may even be a little shorter. Now we move into "As the days get longer the cold gets stronger" season. :? At any rate, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all...

Our son is home from Iqaluit for Christmas and enjoying our "long" daylight hours. Sunrise/sunset here is at 7:56 and 4:50 compared to 9:22 and 1:42 up north.

Oh well, he doesn't need to turn the light on to eat lunch...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours as well!

Officially we are 8:48 Central time and 5:03. 2 miles south is on Mountain time so it it 7:48 and 4:03 but we live in a hole and don't see the sun until 10am and it's going down by 4. It just circles the coulee to the south of us. :?

6 hours 53 minutes of daylight here today according to the chart. The good new is sunset is already a minute later than it was. Bad news is sunrise will keep coming later for awhile yet.

We never saw the sun today and we aren't Canadians. :shock: Just had one of those fog/rain/sleet/snow days where the sun was up there but never saw it. The moisture was sure a welcome thing! :D

gcreekrch said:
Never looked but I know the sun wasn't up when we started chores at 8 and it was down when we came in at 4.

Yup, this is the time of year I can work from sunup to sundown. I guess I'm not quite as ambitious come June.

Des Moines metro, only a trace of snow for the month.

DECEMBER 21 2014..SUNRISE 738 AM CST SUNSET 448 PM CST
DECEMBER 22 2014.SUNRISE 738 AM CST SUNSET 448 PM CST

Latest posts