• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

SH in a tree

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Of course the USDA says testing is for Surveillance ONLY. NOT a food safety measure.

But from the EFSA "European Food Safety Authority" website:

"2. Additional Health protection

BSE is a relatively rare disease. However, routine testing of animals prior to slaughter may detect animals presented for slaughter which may have unnoticed signs of BSE and also animals with the disease which are not yet showing signs. The identification and removal of these animals will be an additional protection for the consumer."

How could anyone honestly argue that statement?[/u]

oldtimer said:
I think that would be great-- that would be truth in labeling...But for some reason the retailers and the packers remove the Canadian or any other foreign markings -- which makes me think they believe that consumers must think it is a second rate product...

Second rate as compared to what Oldtimer ..U.S beef.

Second rate in what way Oldtimer?

oldtimer said:
Like I've said before- IF and when you get your Canadian slaughter plants up and running- which I would love to see you do rather than ride on the backs of the US producer-- you will have to educate the world to what is Canadian beef..... No one has eaten Canadian beef- It was U.S. because it had the USDA stamp Does Canada raise beef

Now your shovelling OT, Canada is currently exporting to 16 countries.Only one is removing the labels.

Sandman,

2nd time:

IF CONSUMERS BUY "BSE TESTED" BEEF DO THEY ASSUME IT'S "BSE FREE"?

YES OR NO?

Quit divering the question!

Sandman: "However, Creekstone has said in plain English that "BSE tested" does not mean "BSE free." Yet, SH still says they are involved in deception. What else to they have to do?"

More deception from you. Creekstone didn't tell the Japanese consumer that "BSE TESTED" did not mean "BSE FREE". They just admitted it to USDA.

Sandman: "In this case, the only reason you would test would be for the simple reason your customers are asking for it and even paying you for the trouble."

Why are they asking for it?

OT: "Why would you remove all the Canadian (or other countries markings) and put a USDA inspected stamp on unless you were giving someone the presumption and assurance that it was a US product?---"

1. Because most consumers don't care about Country of Origin

2. If USDA inspected the beef, WHAT THE HECK SHOULD THE STAMP READ??? Inpsected by Kluso?

USDA INSPECTED MEANS USDA INSPECTED!

Another lame apples to pumpkins argument!

~SH~

SH, "IF CONSUMERS BUY "BSE TESTED" BEEF DO THEY ASSUME IT'S "BSE FREE"?

It is not a given. I certainly don't. To be quite honest, I would guess that some do and some don't.

~SH~ said:
Sandman: "Definitions don't imply anything."

If consumers buy "BSE TESTED" beef, do they assume it's "BSE FREE"?

Yes or no?

~SH~

When they buy USDA inspected beef they assume its US Beef who is decieving the consumer then??????How about in Japan they promoted US BEEF and in all truths it was beef derived from multiple sources but still promoted as US BEEF another deception by the USDA. WHAT A JOKE.

Sandhusker said:

It is not a given. I certainly don't. To be quite honest, I would guess that some do and some don't.
Tell us Sandhusker if Creekstone tested an animal and it tested positive would they process the meat anyway and just put a BSE tested label on it or would only the beef that came back with a negitive test result be processed and labeled Most consumer don't realize that the test doesn't work on younger animals so if they see that label they are going to automatically see it as BSE free and you know it you are just not willing to admit you are wrong and stop this stupid argument. :roll:

Tam said:
Sandhusker said:

Tell us Sandhusker if Creekstone tested an animal and it tested positive would they process the meat anyway and just put a BSE tested label on it or would only the beef that came back with a negitive test result be processed and labeled Most consumer don't realize that the test doesn't work on younger animals so if they see that label they are going to automatically see it as BSE free and you know it you are just not willing to admit you are wrong and stop this stupid argument. :roll:

Tam, have you ever heard of punctuation? :wink: Does your keyboard have periods and commas? :lol:

Tam, you can talk about consumer perception all you want. The fact is that Creekstone was trying to send tested beef to Japan, and it is THEIR LAW that beef from BSE countries be tested (themselves included). It is the Japanese Government's job to sort out perceptions, rules, etc..., in their own country. Take up your perception arguement up with them.

SH: "IF CONSUMERS BUY "BSE TESTED" BEEF DO THEY ASSUME IT'S "BSE FREE"?

Sandman (in response): "It is not a given. I certainly don't. To be quite honest, I would guess that some do and some don't."

No further questions!

Thank you!

~SH~

~SH~ said:

Sandman (in response): "It is not a given. I certainly don't. To be quite honest, I would guess that some do and some don't."

No further questions!

Thank you!

~SH~

Let me know anytime I can be of service. Have dictionary, will define. :wink:

Go ahead Sandhusker make all the comments about my typing you want!!!! I don't care!!!! I asked you before and Agman and MRJ had to answer because you wouldn't!!! I asked what happens to the meat Japan doesn't take from the beef carass. The answer was the US consumers eat the parts that the Japanese won't buy. So Sandhusker I ask again will the beef from the Japan tested carasses that the US consumers eat, be marked as BSE tested or will it be sold unmarked??? If sold to the US consumer will it not be decieving the US consumer to think it is BSE free if labeled it was tested and is in the US meat case???

Sandhusker said:
~SH~ said:

No further questions!

Thank you!

~SH~

Let me know anytime I can be of service. Have dictionary, will define. :wink:

Would you also look up the meaning of USDA Inspected? As I doubt it means US beef, but that is what R-CALF claims most consumer assume that label means. Isn't that why it is so important to get M'COOL in place so the USDA isn't able to prepetrate the fraud the USDA Inspected label causes? It is funny how the consumers can assume one label means something when it fits your agenda but the BSE tested label will be seen as it is just tested and not assumed BSE Free. It is good that R-CALF and their loyal followers can see into the future to know for sure what a label will be believed to mean. You can claim all you want Sandhusker that the US consumer will not be decieved but when that left over Japanese BSE tested meat hits the US meat counter I'll bet the US consumer will not see that meat the same way you do, as BSE tested not nessesarily BSE free. :roll:

Tam, two points;
1) Creekstone has told all who will listen that BSE tested does not mean BSE free. Has the USDA done the same?

2) Creekstone would be shipping their beef to Japan PER JAPANESE LAW. Do you know what the Japanese consumer thinks when they see a "BSE tested" label? (THE SAME DANG LABEL THAT IS ALREADY ON JAPANESE BEEF!) Does it matter, considering it is law over there (a popular law at that)? :roll: I don't know what their take is, but that is not my concern. That is their own dang country! They're happy with the status over there. THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT IN THEIR OWN COUNRTY!!!!

I am concerned about US consumers and US laws. I pay taxes here and I'm a US citizen. Why are you concerned with either?

Four points Sandman:

1. You have no way of knowing who Creekstone told that "BSE TESTED" does not mean "BSE FREE". For all you know they only told USDA when questioned about their motives.

2. USDA inspected means inspected by the USDA. There is no other implication.

3. You already admitted that you don't have any proof that Japanese government would have even allowed the shipment of BSE tested beef.

4. Where is your proof that BSE TESTING is law in Japan?

~SH~

Big Muddy- under USDA's standards they could say anything- like all the Canadian beef that they are not proud enough to think it will sell as Canadian so they allow removal of the Canadian markings and stamp with a USDA stamp so it will sell under the presumption of being a US product

Is the USDA trying to imply US produced or stating US inspected? Facts, no implication at all! I guess the easiest way around this OT, would be to just add a stamp, instead of removing the one already present, put on by us Decieptful Canadians!

Heck you could just add an "&" symbol and maybe even more consumers would think because it has gone through 2 inspection processes, it is safer!

Murgen said:
Big Muddy- under USDA's standards they could say anything- like all the Canadian beef that they are not proud enough to think it will sell as Canadian so they allow removal of the Canadian markings and stamp with a USDA stamp so it will sell under the presumption of being a US product

Is the USDA trying to imply US produced or stating US inspected? Facts, no implication at all! I guess the easiest way around this OT, would be to just add a stamp, instead of removing the one already present, put on by us Decieptful Canadians!

Heck you could just add an "&" symbol and maybe even more consumers would think because it has gone through 2 inspection processes, it is safer!

Either way its a fraud-Period -- 99.99% of all imported meat is never looked at or inspected by a USDA employee :mad: Even the former Secretary of Health and Human Services, Tommy Thompson, recognized and admitted to this- one of the reasons he and USDA were in a huge battle before he resigned..... Now It can be inspected by a Mexican national that was given a USDA stamp to use , but would sell his sister for dollar -- or a former French Algerian sheethead who is in Canada on REFUGEE status who has had no background check, but that is hoping for 100's of infidels to die so he can get his 72 virgins.....If we can't regulate who uses the USDA stamp- they shouldn't have access to it........

IF IT WASN'T BORN, RAISED, AND SLAUGHTERED IN THE UNITED STATES AND INSPECTED BY A USDA EMPLOYEE--IT SHOULDN'T HAVE A USDA STAMP......... :mad:

At the grocery store the other day they had a ham that had a label product of Canada, no others had labels from where they came from. So I guess it can be done.

Either way its a fraud-Period -- 99.99% of all imported meat is never looked at or inspected by a USDA employee Even the former Secretary of Health and Human Services, Tommy Thompson, recognized and admitted to this- one of the reasons he and USDA were in a huge battle before he resigned..... Now It can be inspected by a Mexican national that was given a USDA stamp to use , but would sell his sister for dollar -- or a former French Algerian sheethead who is in Canada on REFUGEE status who has had no background check, but that is hoping for 100's of infidels to die so he can get his 72 virgins.....If we can't regulate who uses the USDA stamp- they shouldn't have access to it........

Heck, wasn't there a story came out that said US beef wasn't inspected properly?

It'll sit there and rot and they'll end up throwing it out. I wouldn't let my dog eat that crap.
What you don't like pork contracted by American Multinational companies? Might have produced by their standards, EH?

rancher said:
At the grocery store the other day they had a ham that had a label product of Canada, no others had labels from where they came from. So I guess it can be done.

Ranchers its the same here in this area..the beef has no label as to country of origin.

Latest posts