• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Shaping up calves for tomorrow's sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Cowsonthemeadow.jpg

Cows on the meadow
Cottonwoods.jpg

Cottonwoods
Apairthatwillgetthingsdone.jpg

A pair that will get things accomplished
Saddletramponthemeadow.jpg

Saddletramp on the meadow
Trailingthemtothefencecorner.jpg

Trailing them to the fence corner
Thegatherisalmostcompleted.jpg

The gather is almost completed
Holdingtheherd.jpg

Holding the herd
Keepingthecutseparate.jpg

Keeping the cut separate
Therestlessherd.jpg

The restless herd
TryingtoactlikeIknowwhatImdoing.jpg

Trying to act like I know what I'm doing
Gettingapairout.jpg

Getting a pair out
Onthewayagain.jpg

On the way again
Pushingthemalong.jpg

Pushing them along
Aroundbythecrossingontheditch.jpg

Around by the crossing on the ditch
Cowgirlandcolor.jpg

Cowgirl and color
Cattleonhaythenightbeforesellingcal.jpg

Cattle on hay the night before selling calves
Someoftheboys.jpg

Some of the boys
Lastnightontheranch.jpg

Last night on the ranch

Nice, as usual, Soapweed.

What were you sorting from?

And the poll on the sorrell horse. He has a nice quarter cut. I think Yellowstone should get a quarter cut. In the earlier pictures his mane looked kind of neglected up there by his ears. Kinda messy. And I bet he'd like a 'classy do.'

:lol2:

Heck, gotta find something to razz you about. No one is perfect! :lol2: :nod: :gag:

Ditto with what Gravlee said! What scenery,cattle,horses,& crew-you do deserve a good go in life-soapweed & family. Hope all goes well for you today!

Faster horses said:
Nice, as usual, Soapweed.

What were you sorting from?

And the poll on the sorrell horse. He has a nice quarter cut. I think Yellowstone should get a quarter cut. In the earlier pictures his mane looked kind of neglected up there by his ears. Kinda messy. And I bet he'd like a 'classy do.'

:lol2:

We were sorting the smaller steers out, so they could have another week to "grow".

Yeah, ol' Yellowstone would probably like a fancier hairdo but then he'd think he was pampered. Usually any horses I buy that have the pretty little bridle path, only get to keep it until nature grows it out to match the rest of their mane. My horses usually get along on the "mane-tenence free" plan. :???: :? :) :wink:

Five and a half years at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and I never got to see land that pretty around there. Beautiful pictures and scenery. Thanks for sharing.

DOC HARRIS said:
Soapweed -

That is a great paint that Peach Blossom is riding! What is his name and how old is he?

DOC HARRIS

Well, DOC, you will think I'm being facetious. We have been talking about ducks and birds, and fowls of the field. Believe it or not, this horse's name is "Goose", so called because of one of his spotted markings. That is the name that came with him when we bought him as a well broke three-year-old, and we saw no reason to give him another. Besides, sometimes he can act like a silly goose. He is a registered Paint, and he turned eight this past spring.

Latest posts