• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

She Said Yes!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Spanish Johhny

Reaction score
where the deer and the antelope play AB CA
A very beautiful, fun, smart lady, my best friend, said she will spend the rest of her life with me. So now the planning begins................
August 2015, probably here at the ranch, not the first time for either of us so somewhere between the "Royal Wedding" and city hall. A respectful meaningful ceremony first, then fire up the BBQ and turn loose the band!

So, the purpose of this post is to ask what were some of the cool weddings you guys have been to? We're not above stealing ideas!!

(I wonder how much Corb charges?)

Congratulations! Yes, Corb would be a great way to go if the price is within reach
:D

S.S.A.P. said:
Congrats!

LazyWP ~ your wife and best man have a good taste in horse flesh :wink: :D

Sad part is, the old Gray horse is the only one left. The big paint Lisa is riding got sold 3 years ago. Probably shouldn't have sold him, but was offered too much money for him, The little mare my brother is riding, got traded shortly after we got married. She unloaded my mom in law the day before. Wasn't the mares fault either. :evil:

I knew a guy who was married on horseback. said it was an interesting ceremony, but the horses sure made the honeymoon difficult !! :twisted:

You're gonna look funny astride anything shorter than a show-type Clydesdale! Congratulations to both of you. Best wedding that I was ever at (other than my own), was for the neighbors hired girl. Daughter #1 played the wedding outside , in a cornfield with BBQ in a big tent with dance afterwards.

Well, we did it!! It was a 10 day party with friends coming in early to help get things ready. Only about 50 + people but we had 5 provinces there. It was a Buddhist ceremony with about a dozen guests breaking into a 10 minute ancient Chinese chant just as the wind picked up. Took my cowboy buddies by surprise as I'm not sure I told them my bride was a long time practicing Buddhist. Kinda reminded me of the David Allen Coe line "where bikers stare at cowboys who are laughing at the hippies who are prayin they'll get out of here alive..." Food was amazing (grass fed Aberta beef! :wink: ), buckets of beer, a 2 minute downpour for good luck, then on cue the sky cleared and a full moon rose in the east as we danced the night away on our home built dance floor. Guests stayed over in tents all over the ranch...looked a refugee camp!
And then it was all over......
http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/lklcows/media/We%20did%20it_zpszsnuf6yn.jpg.html

Latest posts