• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Should companies be promoting their product in the forums?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Should companies' products be promoted on Ranchers?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Murgen

Reaction score
If it's not cattle for sale, should companies be promoting their product on Ranchers over and over again? I don't mind hearing of products once or twice, but enough is enough!

If you want to promote, do it with an ad on the main page!

Well hopefully Mike, we'll see if it's just me that it bugs or others, and maybe Macon will take notice!

I'm sure there are lots on here that could use the forums as billboards, we wouldn't want to see it become a classified section, would we?

Murgen said:
Well hopefully Mike, we'll see if it's just me that it bugs or others, and maybe Macon will take notice!

I'm sure there are lots on here that could use the forums as billboards, we wouldn't want to see it become a classified section, would we?

If Macon says it's OK, we could either tolerate it or go elsewhere. JMHAO

Murgen said:
If it's not cattle for sale, should companies be promoting their product on Ranchers over and over again? I don't mind hearing of products once or twice, but enough is enough!

If you want to promote, do it with an ad on the main page!

My thoughts exactly!

i don't know, i was pretty impressed that some guys could somehow interject www.*********.com into damn near every thread.

I find it annoying but I agree with you Reader, I will just remember these over advertised things as that annoying product/selling item.

Hey I voted YES and for good reason,To make sure that everyone knows that technology doesn't sit still and this is a dog eat dog business of ranching no matter where you live.It just grinds my gord when some come on this board and spout that this an that can't be done,REMEMBER USDA wants 48hr. traceback, well technology is a little better today than it was last year and 100 times better than 3 yrs. ago ,so now traceback can be done in less than ten seconds.Just look at how fast google can search.As for you Canadians ,you are just angry that SSI has made a joke out of your traceback system.Yes yours works in three weeks ,but not point to point traceback and the US doesn't even have one,so whats new.

I have talked to SSI personal about going to the US. government an having them use their database.The comment I got was they were busy setting up a bunch of countries left and right and when they got a break they would.CODEX and WTO ,EU ,Central and South America, Asia want traceback systems yesterday.

reader (the Second) said:
PORKER said:
Hey I voted YES and for good reason,To make sure that everyone knows that technology doesn't sit still and this is a dog eat dog business of ranching no matter where you live.It just grinds my gord when some come on this board and spout that this an that can't be done,REMEMBER USDA wants 48hr. traceback, well technology is a little better today than it was last year and 100 times better than 3 yrs. ago ,so now traceback can be done in less than ten seconds.Just look at how fast google can search.As for you Canadians ,you are just angry that SSI has made a joke out of your traceback system.Yes yours works in three weeks ,but not point to point traceback and the US doesn't even have one,so whats new.

I was listening to the news in my 150 minute drive back home today and there was a call for IMMEDIATE animal ID system and discussion of producers putting it into place themselves because the USDA has failed. I'm sure you heard this too and got the details. As a consultant, I was thinking it's a major business oppy and what a coup it would be if ranchers and farmers and their organizations could do this quickly while USDA was going to take forever.

I have been in compliance with most any tracking information system that could be applied. Ear tattoos, ear tags, with a database of my own. Problem is when they leave me, does the next owner keep records also? The State of Alabama is issuing premises ID's but don't know what they will do with them. The State Cattlemens Assoc (NCBA) affiliate is fighting ID. The USDA is again showing complete incompetence in applying a tracking system.
What I'm saying is we can keep records of our own but after that it's out of our hands.

here would be the list of ID points;
COLOR of animal,
SEX of the animal,
Breed or mixed breed of the animal,
Tags on animal,
Tatoo on animal ,
Brands on animal,
Picture of the animal,
DNA of the animal,
Mouth picture of animal,
Did animal have horns?,
Mike ,Ask SSI for their Microsoft xml up load to their ScoringAg database and then your data can move off the farm with the animal so the next owner can add to that animals database.You can add The State of Alabama premises ID's to the SSI database.When we sell an animal we buy a SSI account for each customer and its cheap and they love the service,even the animals pedigree is in the SSI record.

Wasn't this thread about selling your product on ranchers or Are you just giving us an example of what the 77% said no to. :roll: At least start a new thread if you are going to sell SSI after 77% said they didn't want to see it on this thread. :wink:

I have little patience for pushy salespeople, so without question I voted no.

Macon is in charge - but I'd like staff's and porker's favorite word added to the list right under a$$

Latest posts