• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Shuttle launch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f45/kolanuraven/?action=view&current=2009_0316BeachVero0027.flv

I got there late.....and this was as close as I could get.

cool,i was at the media site in Florida where they launch them,i think it was 5 miles away but it looked closer cause it was so flat and shuttle and buildings were so big

cowwrangler said:
cool,i was at the media site in Florida where they launch them,i think it was 5 miles away but it looked closer cause it was so flat and shuttle and buildings were so big

It was pretty cool...but a wreck on the road to the site made me late....so I got stuck @ a roadside park watching. But all in all I got pretty close as I was just across the bay!!

Everyone was cheering....some people were crying...some guy had his computer up and we could hear the countdown and the back and forth between Houston and the shuttle.....

Amazing..esp when the shock wave hit us. You could hear the rumble of it coming.....and you could feel it in your bones when it hit!

A few years back I did a 4H exchange trip to Florida, the woke my up one mooring and asked if I wanted to see a shuttle launch. I jumped out of bed and ran for the TV _ They said NO - Just come to the back door _ it was just accost a little bay _ Beautiful but NOISY and their house Shook.

Latest posts