• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Siberia, Montana

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I think this little chunk of Montana north of the Missouri is the only cold place left on earth...This morning the temp was 7 above with about a 20 mph raw east wind and flat chilly...Finally up to 17-but wind is still blowing.....

That wouldn't be bad- until you look at the weather website--45 miles south of me on the Lake is 35-- Across the lake in Jordan is near 50-- Billings area is reporting temps in the 70's......Even Faster Horses area is showing 50's....Must be doing something wrong :wink:

I feel bad for you Oldtimer :cry:

It got up to 44 yesterday and only down to 40 last night here. Its about 48 now but the wind is a gentle 40 mph. The cows are already headed into the brush and the deer came back to the alfalfa fields about 2 hours ago so I reckon we are about to get hammered with something bad. Hope it warms up for you guys. :)

Now they're predicting mid 40's for tomorrow- but then another cold front will put us back in the 20's and 30's...

If I can't have it warm now- maybe I'll get it in a couple weeks when the calves start coming.....

just caught the weather forecast for the next week and she is NOT pretty!! storm front packing alot of snow moving in by this weekend!! :roll: :roll: Spring fever is setting in, folks!! :wink:

Greg and I were heading to Canmore for a few days ,until we turned on forecast this morn.Blizzard warnings,central Alta.to southern Alta.....Maybe we'll stay home and light a fire :cry:

Warnings
Virden - Souris
3:57 PM CST Tuesday 28 February 2006
Snowfall warning for
Virden - Souris upgraded from winter storm watch
15 to25cm of snow is expected on Wednesday.

A low pressure system developing over Montana this afternoon will track into the Dakotas on Wednesday. This system will spread widespread snowfall across much of southern Manitoba overnight and last through Wednesday night. 15 to 25 cm of snow is possible before the snow tapers off early Thursday morning. The highest amounts will likely be along the Manitoba escarpment and also over the higher terrain of western Manitoba. As well, mild air wrapping into this system aloft may lead to some patchy freezing rain or ice pellets over southwestern Manitoba. The heaviest snow should fall Wednesday afternoon and evening. Since this system is still in its development stages there is still some uncertainty with the exact track of the low pressure system and the type and amount of precipitation associated with the low. Please.

Mrs.Greg said:
Greg and I were heading to Canmore for a few days ,until we turned on forecast this morn.Blizzard warnings,central Alta.to southern Alta.....Maybe we'll stay home and light a fire :cry:

And Greg will be singing (Come on Baby light my Fire)

Well temp only got to about 38 today- but sure felt nice...Got a rain shower about 4PM-- Now we're getting slop (rain/ice/slush/snow mixture) which is supposed to turn to snow after midnite and give us an inch of snow......Boy am I glad I'm not calving :D Is going to be a skating rink around here come morning :(

It got to 51degrees here today but as I was getting home about 8 it started raining pretty hard. I think I will be going down the back steps on my butt in the morning cause it is already sheet of ice put there.

Denny said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Sometimes I wish there was a emocon that just shook its head :p

Mrs.Greg said:
Denny said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Sometimes I wish there was a emocon that just shook its head :p

How's this one :liar:

:oops: I think I better start rereading what I write,you guys find humor in the most innocent statements.... :shock: :D

Latest posts