• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sierra Club

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
A few years ago, the Sierra Club and the U.S. Forest Service were presenting an alternative to Wyoming ranchers for controlling the coyote population. It seems that after years of the ranchers using the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the predator, the tree-huggers had a "more humane" solution.
What they proposed was for the animals to be captured alive, the males castrated and let loose again and the population would be controlled. This was ACTUALLY proposed to the Wyoming Wool and Sheep Grower's Association by the Sierra Club and the USFS.

All of the ranchers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes.

Finally, an old boy in the back spoke up..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

"Son, I don't think you understand the problem. .
Those coyotes ain't having sex with our sheep -
they're Eatin' 'em!"

This is a typical example of the brainless, senseless, un-believable pap being fed to our youth in our public schools which is being supported by our taxes, all the way up from Kindergarten through College. 85% of the University professors all over the USA (and I imagine it is higher in Canada!) are Left-Leaning Liberals, and that is the absolute doctrine of their whole existence. You hear this Satanic slime emitting from their mouths and you think that they can't REALLY believe this stuff - WRONG!! You had better believe that they believe it, with every screaming cell in their bodies, and they feel it is their duty to convert every living human to their way of thinkingl To them, all of this Tree Hugging crap makes perfect logic and sense. It is NOT going to 'go away!'

DON'T GET ME STARTED!

DOC HARRIS

If we cannot live in harmony with nature (and each other), then we will not survive at all.

There have been many more species of animals become extinct (by nature) than there are species at present. Think dinosaur, and others.

Maybe us killing a few "undesirable" animals is nature at work?

Aren't "WE" natural? (Well, maybe not you!)

Isn't producing "FOOD" natural?

I watched a "Discovery Channel" show the other night about animals killing other animals for protection of their young and territory. Is THAT natural?

We are good stewards of the land and don't need fruitcakes telling us how to take care of it.

Do you have a drinking problem?

A few years ago the Indiana house of Rep had a bill on the floor that was to require that all pigs and calves would be required to be under a general anestetic before casturation as it was cruel do so with them being in pain.

It died and I hope never comes back but that is another example of the do gooders sticking their noses in where they know nothing.

I wonder how many more animals would die or suffer some ill effect form the anestetic than from the procedure.

First we killed the Indians, now we want to kill all the animals, too?

Actually, coyotes are an amazing specie. They're one of the few who have actually expanded territory since the founding of America.

They're quite adaptive which is why they're found even in suburbs. And one of those adaptations is that they adjust their litter sizes according to population density. (A big part of why cull programs don't really work)
People can drive themselves crazy trying to cut coyote numbers and we'll probably never make a real dent. I don't know why the Sierra Club is worried, actually... :roll:

After nuclear annihilation there will still be coyotes, cockroaches and mosquitos........

I'll tell you why they are worried, because coyotes give them a Soapbox to dupe more people and get more money.

And that theory that coyotes adjust their litter sizes according to population density has never been proven. That is something the animal rights people defend, but it is not proven.

It hasn't been too many years ago that there were no coyotes east of the Mississippi river. They are hardy and cunning and I admire them for that.
However, if I had sheep, I probably wouldn't.

I don't mind coyotes as long as there aren't too many of them. As with anything, moderation is the key. Around here the coyotes have mange and I actually feel bad about that. That is a horrible death. So, isn't it better to put them out of their misery as to die slowly freezing to death or starving?

And what about the calves, lambs, dogs and cats that coyotes kill. Why aren't the Animal Rights people upset about that? If they are, you never hear of it.

I thought the Humane Society was founded to help domestic animals. Why, are they taking on the protection of predators? I think it is purely money.

Friend of ours that keeps a few horses on our place, moved a mare that was due, to town a couple of weeks ago. He just stopped by while ago, and said she had a lil filly last night. Town dog pack came thru and killed it. We've, so far, never lost a calf to coyotes, but then again, we aren't over run with em either. We have however had the town dogs run in packs, all the way out to where the cows are, 3 or so miles from town.
For us domestic dogs do more damage than coyotes ever have. Not sayin that the coyotes won't, but so far we've been lucky.

Faster horses said:
And that theory that coyotes adjust their litter sizes according to population density has never been proven. That is something the animal rights people defend, but it is not proven.

Animal rights people?

They've definately latched onto it, but this information is available from trapping groups, Game and Fish, extension, etc...

For us domestic dogs do more damage than coyotes ever have.

When I was in college, this was a common complaint. Folks in town would let their dogs run, who would then pack up and attack livestock on the ranches closest to town. We had a neighbor that shot about a dozen "pets" one evening.

:shock: :???: It seems that they infest the very woodwork and fabric of our society! :roll: Are you surprised?? :eek: . . . . . .NOT!

DOC HARRIS

You aint gonna drive the coyote into extinction,they are way too smart and adaptable,I have seen them in water melon patches eating water melon when there was nothing else to eat,besides they are the #1 rabie carrier around here,have planes dropping posioned bait regularly to control their numbers,I guess there is too much rough country to make aerial hunting effective...............good luck

Really? Killed all the Indians? Indians are extinct? That's going to be news to a lot of folks around here, including members of my family. Who are these folks living on South Dakota's reservations anyway?

Go away, stevec, just go away and let us carry on some rational conversations. We are NOT interested in examining your naval lint.

but this information is available from trapping groups, Game and Fish, extension, etc
But then you have to think where these people come from............

This is a typical example of the brainless, senseless, un-believable pap being fed to our youth in our public schools which is being supported by our taxes, all the way up from Kindergarten through College. 85% of the University professors all over the USA (and I imagine it is higher in Canada!) are Left-Leaning Liberals, and that is the absolute doctrine of their whole existence.

I went to school with "these" people for 4 years then they go to work for DENR. I work with a bunch of them now. Please dont let anyone tell you they dont start the "training" in Kindergarten they do. Most of the books about animals have a "save the....." tilt to them. The environmental wackos KNOW how to reach kids. They are masters at it. Now we need to become masters and beat them at thier own GAME.

Maybe the Native American Indians were't the first men in America, as its possible, they killed the relatives of this 9,000 year old man. The DNA is different than the Indian DNA and they have had a lot of court battles about Kennewick Man and his ancestor's. I just did a search for Kennewick and came up with this out of date info on him.

Kennewick Man's discovery and description excited and rattled not only scientists but also American Indians and government officials.

For the past nine years, his bones have been locked away as court battles have ensued over his future.

In February 2004, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the scientists. Last summer, for the first time, archaeologists, anthropologists, paleontologists, geologists and chemists began investigating this enigmatic American, attempting to answer questions that have been nagging them for nearly a decade: Was Kennewick Man an aberration? A loner who wandered into the New World on his own? Or does he represent an early migration of people who subsequently died out or were killed? Or is Kennewick Man an ancestor of the native tribes we recognize today?

trapping groups, for example, are composed of trappers. Their bias should be fairly obvious.

Yes they would want "more" animals to trap. thus would support a flawed plan that would expand the number of animals available for them to trap.......

if I hunted Deer, and cull plans worked reducing the herd size to a naturaly sustainable number,..........would I support it?

would I really care about the damage a deer does as long as I have Deer to hunt each season in abundance?

so how would a trapper support a plan that would either put his (or her) sport or job in jeopardy?

so I see where they could be coming from.....and what agenda they may have.......for supporting a castration plan.......

(BTW who would profit from Trapping and castration) Maybe the trappers hired to trap?.........

Latest posts