• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sign of Spring

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mtn_90

Reaction score
Saw the first flock of geese this morning near daybreak...heard them before I saw them. It's a good sign and brightened an otherwise dreary, cold day here...

Well spring cant come too early for me,I hope it comes early and wet,been drier than a covered bridge around here,weather people are saying temps in the eighties all week here in the TX hill country.........good luck

weather here has been so bass-ackward that neither animal or plant is sure which end is up....had many of our trees budding in january only to get hit with a freeze....dogs lost their winter coats about the same time and had a heck of a time keepin' warm!!! Same with all the game animals that frequent our place....the deer, elk and antelope all shed their winters covers early...no wonder they have been hiding our in our haystacks (even through the fences) :shock:

I looked at the long range forecast for here and it's supposed to hit above 30 every day this week except one. Nights still down in the low teens to single digits...BUT the geese are a nice sight cuz when they return, the warmer temps are usually not too far behind.

We need some real good and warm days here. The ice is still a couple inches thick in the yard and the pastures still have a layer of ice on about 60% of them. I could almost become a hockey player cuz when I travel across the across the yard, I'm skatin all the way and when I finally make it to the horse yard, I've got pucks to play with! :lol:

Latest posts