• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Silver's holliday

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
My family and I just got back from a 10 day holliday here in BC. We drove over 2000 miles visiting family and friends, partaking in everything from minigolf to fishing. The kids experienced all sorts of new things, it was incredible to see it through their eyes. For my son it was his first ferry ride (to Vancouver island), so you can imagine a 6 yr olds excitement, or his feelings about driving my uncle's ski boat at full speed.
This trip also brought home to me what a wonderful and diverse province we live in. I saw peope well into their second cut of hay down in interior, mountain sheep and snow in the mountains, fishing boats in the ocean, sagebrush and tumbleweeds in the Chilcotin, fruit stands selling any number of kinds of fresh fruit, Canada day fireworks in Parksville, fed the family down at Hell's Gate where the Fraser river is 110 feet wide and 150 feet deep roaring through the rocks....
However, I think the best part of all was coming back through the mountains on the way home and catching the first sight of the Peace Hills, and knowing we were home where our roots run deep.
It is great to live in the best country in the world. God bless Canada.

Silver,
That sounded like a wonderful trip and a memorable one your children will cherish.
Isn't it amazing that no matter how interesting a trip is, getting home is a relief!

Silver said:
My family and I just got back from a 10 day holliday here in BC. We drove over 2000 miles visiting family and friends, partaking in everything from minigolf to fishing. The kids experienced all sorts of new things, it was incredible to see it through their eyes. For my son it was his first ferry ride (to Vancouver island), so you can imagine a 6 yr olds excitement, or his feelings about driving my uncle's ski boat at full speed.
This trip also brought home to me what a wonderful and diverse province we live in. I saw peope well into their second cut of hay down in interior, mountain sheep and snow in the mountains, fishing boats in the ocean, sagebrush and tumbleweeds in the Chilcotin, fruit stands selling any number of kinds of fresh fruit, Canada day fireworks in Parksville, fed the family down at Hell's Gate where the Fraser river is 110 feet wide and 150 feet deep roaring through the rocks....
However, I think the best part of all was coming back through the mountains on the way home and catching the first sight of the Peace Hills, and knowing we were home where our roots run deep.
It is great to live in the best country in the world. God bless Canada.

You are right about the home feelings and roots silver,I always think about points north and haved traveled out of TX but IM always glad to get back to this damn desert...............good luck PS send me some rain

Brad S said:
Great vacation; now perhaps you can imagine how thrilling the real "greatest country in the world" is.

That's an argument for another forum, little fella.

Well perhaps you can't imagine what its like living in the real "greatest country in the world," but rather than argue the point, I'll accept your evaluation of your limitations.

I think it is wonderful when people from any country state they are "from the greatest country in the world."
It shows they are appreciative for what they've been given in life.
Bloom where you're planted, see the best in it, make the most of it, and leave it better than when you arrived.

Yup, Silver we did the same thing last year. We went to Houston Tx and Galveston. Rode the Ferry, swam in the ocean and Kahahla (Sp) boardwalk. Johnson Space Center.Took in an Astro game aginst the Cubs was great. Enjoy........... :D :D

nr said:
I think it is wonderful when people from any country state they are "from the greatest country in the world."
It shows they are appreciative for what they've been given in life.
Bloom where you're planted, see the best in it, make the most of it, and leave it better than when you arrived.

I agree with you 100% nr, it's allways been my philosophy also. Chances are if you're squawking about someone elses country your doing nothing to improve your own. If everyone took the time to improve their own surroundings, including their attitudes, all countries would be a better place.

A braggart is much like a mutt dog,
Cuz when all of his yelpin' is done,
If you'll watch him a little while,
He'll lick himself-with his tongue.

Latest posts