• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sioux Steel Chute

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sic 'em reds

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this brand of chute? Sort of starting to look at upgrading my Powder River and came across this chute.

sic 'em reds said:
Anybody have any experience with this brand of chute? Sort of starting to look at upgrading my Powder River and came across this chute.

A friend just bought a new portable Sioux steel chute, alley, and tub combo that really looks nice and workable. It is in the $15,000 plus price range.

We have 2 of them. Actually they are Real Tuff brand, but they are the same thing. They are made in the same factory. We really like them. They are definitely heavy duty. If you can find a Real Tuff chute they might be a little cheaper for the same chute. Both of ours have the neck extender and the brisket bar, and I wouldn't get them without them. We looked at For Most, powder river, and the real tuff chutes and we picked the real tuff.

rem_243 said:
We have 2 of them. Actually they are Real Tuff brand, but they are the same thing. They are made in the same factory. We really like them. They are definitely heavy duty. If you can find a Real Tuff chute they might be a little cheaper for the same chute. Both of ours have the neck extender and the brisket bar, and I wouldn't get them without them. We looked at For Most, powder river, and the real tuff chutes and we picked the real tuff.

Ditto. One of the best on the market. Best may be a Stampede Steel, but you get most the same options with the Sioux for a much lower price. I've been around most all of them. Neighbour bought a new Hi-Hog in January, so, curious me, I went over to play with it. Was not impressed for all the hoop-la that surrounds that brand of equipment.

I have two friends that have the Stampede chutes, one hydraulic and one manual. I like the hydraulic, who wouldn't. Both of them seemed a little ackward to me for giving shots in the neck. I'd really like to see a Sioux in person, but the videos of them look pretty good. Might have to make a road trip one of these days.

I have some Hi Hop pens, gates, tub and crowding alley. I didn't buy their chute. The rep came down and wondered why. I used our old Ranger chute which he was pretty amazed at and realized why I didn't buy one of theirs. I since have put in a Stampede Hydraulic which I really like.

The manufacturing plant that makes the Sioux and Real Tuff chutes and tubs is about 40 mi from where I live. I have used an older RT chute at a neighbor's place and was really impressed. The newer ones are basically the same design. I have been trying to talk dad into getting rid of his For-Most and buying a Real Tuff instead.

We have the tub and alley from Real-Tuf and we are happy with it,
although there are a few things we would change. We bought
it several years ago and put it inside our barn. We didn't buy
the squeeze chute, we bought a Morand squeeze chute.

I can tell you that Real-Tuf is a good company to do business with.
Jerry is the manager and he's very helpful.

Here is their website: http://realtuff.com/products.htm

The chutes look quite a bit different than when we bought the
tub and alley.

Latest posts