• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sire Search

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
Spent a little time googling through websites today/tonight getting ideas for our own site. My brother-in-law is going to help me put one together, so I'm flagging the ones I like. In my searchin' I have to say I've seen some of the ugliest dam bulls on the planet, and people are calling them herd sires!! And has anyone looked at the ABS online directory lately? The Angus bulls for the most part look like they have dairy in them, the polled herefords look average at best, and I hate to admit it, but the best looking bull I saw was a Horned Hereford! If you were going to teach newcomers to the business what good cattle should look like, I certainly wouldn't be using that site. I did see some outstanding cattle and sites though, and when I saw great ones I made a point of letting them know in their guest books if they had one.

By the way NR, yours is in my favorites. Simple and tidy. Also handy when I lose your dang phone number!

www.aekherefords.com

I don't have the cowherd or links buttons working yet, but it gives you an idea of something fairly simple, but elegant.

For some more website ideas, you might want to check out these by RanchHouseDesigns:

http://www.ranchhousedesigns.com/portfolio/weball.html

Go ahead and check ours out. I wish I would have done a couple things different when we started, but it is what it is.

www.gillredangus.com

Photoshop etc should be banned when taking pics of bulls or whatnot for sale.

Those pics are doctored up soooo much it's not fair in any direction!

Aaron said:
www.aekherefords.com

I don't have the cowherd or links buttons working yet, but it gives you an idea of something fairly simple, but elegant.

Looks good Aaron. Your philosophy page sounds just like mine. Interesting you mention the 300-day weaning, too. That's what we've done the past couple of winters, works good. As long as the cows have what they need, they'll hold their condition

txag said:
For some more website ideas, you might want to check out these by RanchHouseDesigns:

http://www.ranchhousedesigns.com/portfolio/weball.html

She sure looks good...er, um, I mean her websites look good, don't they? :oops: She does alot of sites for club calf growers, but they really are well put together. Thanks txag

Doug Thorson said:
the best looking bull I saw was a Horned Hereford

When would it not be??

The day they put our Galloway bull in the directory. :p Other than that, there sure wasn't an Angus bull to outdo the Horned Herfs.

NR, I'm not sure that simple and uncluttered are the 2 words that come to mind when I think of you. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts