• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sisters rodeo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
Watching the Sisters Oregon rodeo last night on the Cowboy Channel I realized it was 49 years ago to the date (June 10, 1973) that I was on a bareback bronc at Sisters. It threw a wild horse fit. I ended up under it and got stepped on. Dislocated my elbow on my riding arm. Got a few months off from climbing on bucking horses.
The announcer last night said there was $10,000 in added money in every event. I don't think there was $500 added in 1973. Of course in 1973 Bend was a small community and Sisters was a wide spot in the road. That area has sure grown and lots of money has came in there.

I am also amazed at the money in rodeo presently. I'm happy they have that corporate backing that allows this generation of athletes to make some big time money. Did that arm of your heal up ok?

I am also amazed at the money in rodeo presently. I'm happy they have that corporate backing that allows this generation of athletes to make some big time money. Did that arm of your heal up ok?
It healed up fine but that is one of the most painful things I ever did to myself. After that when I taped up my arm to ride I would figure 8 my elbow to keep it from going straight. I was the only one I knew of doing that at that time. Now I see lots of bareback riders taping that way.

Webby I got in one bareback horse in college. Felt like it pulled every muscle ever made in my right arm. I decided I had better stay with bulls. I wasn't tough enough to ride bares.

Webby I got in one bareback horse in college. Felt like it pulled every muscle ever made in my right arm. I decided I had better stay with bulls. I wasn't tough enough to ride bares.
Being very aggressive and in time is the secret to riding bareback broncs. Out of time or just sitting there ....... Oh I have taken some jerkings.

The first performance the arena looked good. Then it must have poured rain because the place turned into a slop hole. But it was fun watching the steer wrestlers even on TV. And I believe it was a two header so they got to do it twice.

Latest posts