• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Slide show - CD

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
After numerous attempts, and alotta hair pullin, I finally finished my cd slideshow for 2005, any of you that would like a copy just pm me your address and I'll get you a copy mailed out asap.

The first go round it worked in my mother in laws dvd player, but wouldnt work in the dvd player hubby bought the other day. I did everthang I knew to do to make it work in there, I still know "there's gotta be a way" I think what the deal is, there's just some dvd players that won't read the discs made on computers. Anyway, I used to old stand by windows movie maker to do it, and had a time with it as well, but IT'S DONE!!!! Finally!!!

When you get it, just make sure you have the latest version of Windows Media Player downloaded on your computer. It's a free download if you don't already have it. Just go to The microsoft website and download it.

We're done some DVD's and had the same problem- verrrry frustrating. :mad:
My latest venture was trying to copy old Super8 films by projecting them on the screen and using our digital camera to videotape them. After copying about 5 of them the projector bulb ($50) burned up, then the projector too. So that ends that. I've sent the remaining films out and hope to get them back in some format I can edit on the computer.
Does anybody know which format I should ask for JPEG or AVI ??

MsSage said:
I would get them in AVI That way you can use either in quicktime ~mac or media player~windows.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am totally illiterate about what AVI means but will try to get that. It is amazing how some of us can use these pieces of equipment but not have the foggiest idea how they work... :roll: :lol:

Ok ya'll, there's gonna be a delay in gettin the CD out, had one copy burned and it actually worked, then for some reason I couldnt get anymore to burn, after lots of piddlin and tryin to just copy a pic to cd for a trial, have decided that the burner has laid down on me on the laptop, naturally where all my pictures are at. I"m in the process of transferring pictures thru email and photo bucket from that computer to this computer, and it has windows 98 so movie maker won't work with it. Goin with a different program. I may not be completely satisfied with the end product but I"m bound and determined if it hair lips the pope, I'm gonna git this done. Won't be by Christmas, but I WILL succeed!!!!

For those of you that sent me your address for me to send a video to, make sure you've updated your windows media player to the latest version. If you have Windows XP here's the microsoft update link for the media player.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/default.aspx

Please update Windows Media player, one CD I gave to a relative won't work because their Media player isn't updated, and they have no internet access to get it. They have XP, but apparently this thing won't work without the latest version. So go to previous message and update sometime when you have time. I hate that I've had so many problems makin this CD, but I talked to a friend of mine in Nebraska that makes one every year and she's had just as much trouble as I've had, so maybe it's not ME.....

It will, however play using, RealPlayer if you have that. If not it's a free download as well.

Jersey,
went to the neighbors the other night and watched his videos made with Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006. It works with Movie Maker and does things real easy and they work in the DVD players like theya re suppossed to. Have to say, now I am a proud owner too.

so is Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 something that's downloaded from the internet, or is it a program you can buy?

I just got a CD from a friend in Nebraska yesterday, and at first hers didnt work in my computer, or dvd player, untill I went into the program files on her cd. I just want somethin that will do what I'm lookin for simple and easy, instead of this hair pullin hackle raisin, skeer Mr Lilly to death while doin it stuff. lol

Latest posts