• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Smooth sailing now.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
A bunch of 50 and a few tens left to work.
Our little crew of six worked 298 pairs today. Calves were branded in five hours. AAverage was better than one a minute because we stopped for a twenty minute break at the 175 mark. There were only six set of horns to take off.

Part of the calves before we penned them in the barn
A3F575CB-0723-4BCF-866C-3DCCA027445C.jpeg

The old phart dehorning one.
C43C0912-9F76-48C3-9423-6A3B916427F9.jpeg

A fall calf I bought as a pair. He will be big this fall.
8D789905-34D9-43BF-8259-20E617B76062.jpeg

First calf born.
50CFD490-F4AD-4F28-90B1-24523BEE7AB5.jpeg

It's a good feeling having the majority of them worked. Looks like you've about got it made now. Provided a polar bear doesn't eat them, of course.

I am amazed you are able to work that many that quickly in a table designed for working tall pigs. Or is for working with pigs from Vancouver that were into that wacky tobacky?

I am amazed you are able to work that many that quickly in a table designed for working tall pigs. Or is for working with pigs from Vancouver that were into that wacky tobacky?
All any outfit needs is one person with brains and enough muscle to carry it off. Steers are banded and only 5 horns in the group. Two pushing, one tagging with RFID tags, two vaccinating and one branding. We were doing a calf every 35 seconds when we were fresh at the start.

All any outfit needs is one person with brains and enough muscle to carry it off. Steers are banded and only 5 horns in the group. Two pushing, one tagging with RFID tags, two vaccinating and one branding. We were doing a calf every 35 seconds when we were fresh at the start.
Sue come run a knife, seem knife cut get a premium from lot of byers over bands

Latest posts