• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Snow Storm

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Don't know how much snow we got because its blowing all over the place--snowin, blowin, driftin, -- 30+ mph winds - temp is 1 Below- radio said the chill factor is 30 Below...No use in trying to feed anything until it lets up a little- they are all holed up somewhere....

Must really be getting cold- tried acessing the Montana weather websites and none of them are on- must all be froze up.. :roll: :wink: :lol:

You guys must have antifreeze in your veins!!!!

It's about 58 here right now this AM...to warm up to close to 70 and I'm FREEZING!!!!!!

We have a real blizzard going on here in northern Montana, not quite 0 visibilty but only a about 50-100 ft. Has been snowing and blowing 30-40mph all night and this morning. Temp -8 degrees F Not to much point in trying to do any feeding today until it lets up I don't think. Better to leave the cattle holed up behind the windbreaks.
Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

It's still snowing some here, wind has swung around to the north. We're just in the process of digging ourselves out, there's piles and piles of snow! Most roads are impassable unless you have 4X4, unless it's one of the main roads which the RM has managed to clean off somewhat. School buses didn't run, there was no point in them even trying.

It could stop with the snow anytime! I think we have enough for winter already!

Cleared the snow away from the feed bunk and will likley have to do it again tomorrow before feeding. Least theres no mosquitoes :lol: :lol: Its stopped snowing for now.

snowed all day long here.....lots of snow and ice on the roads...everyone out there PLEASE drive careful!! Don't wanna go losing any of ya!! :(

Looks like the storm has just about left us-- heading east to visit you folks... Snow has quit- temp even came up a little during the night- now 4 Below-- But that darn wind is still howling with a lot of ground drifting- supposed to go down around noon....Sounds like there are roads plugged everywhere- with people stuck or snowed in...Only good thing about that wind is it blew a lot of hilltops and flat areas clear, so the old cows can still find some vittles.....

Looks like our area got the most snow :roll: in the state yesterday- 5"... We're now 1/2 inch above normal for next years precip- which don't sound like much but is actually 1/20th of what we normally get... :clap:

It's stopped snowing here.........for now. Bad thing is, all the snow that blew around with the east wind behind it is now blowing back the other way with the northwest wind behind it. Everywhere we cleared yesterday is all blowed in again. I was going to go to town for groceries today till I walked out and took a look at the road. Not now! I told my husband as he was leaving to go to town that a nice guy would take me in for groceries. He told me "maybe" tomorrow.

Latest posts