• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Snow

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Well Macon, no blizzard to get everybody talking about- but I did wake up to snow- little skiff on the ground, but its starting to come down heavier- supposed to get less than an inch-- 27 degrees out...

Its really funny if you watch the animals you can predict better than the weatherman-- Like I said in another post- yesterday morning the bulls were tearing the place up- horses all acting snorty-- then in the afternoon I saw 9 bald eagles hunting like crazy around the hayfields- right at sunset, I was watching the cows and horses-- both were running around bucking and kicking- fighting each other- looked like a meadow full of 6 year old kids-- then last night the coyotes were singing from all directions......They flat knew this weather was changing........

Buckskin said:
:) Oldtimer
Not to sure about this new outfit on here. What do you think? We had some lite snow early. Take care

Buckskin- ended up with about an inch and a half of wet snow- most is melting on the roads altho I hear Hiway 2 is slicker than snot...

Wasn't sure I would like this new format, but it does offer many more features- as long as we don't lose many of the old ranchers.net family I think it will work- my fear was that some computer dummies like me would be scared away..................

Oldtimer....talked to my dad last night and he says he woke to 5 inches of wet, sloppy white stuff (he lives 125 miles nw in deer lodge)....we got a sciff lastnight that was melted within an hour of sunrise...the mountains got a little which will help!!

Oldtimer: "then in the afternoon I saw 9 bald eagles hunting like crazy around the hayfields- right at sunset"

I counted 15 bald eagles between our place and a little town sixty miles away the other day. Endangered? I don't think so.

Liberty Belle said:
Oldtimer: "then in the afternoon I saw 9 bald eagles hunting like crazy around the hayfields- right at sunset"

I counted 15 bald eagles between our place and a little town sixty miles away the other day. Endangered? I don't think so.

Had 24 Bald Eagles in our neighbors field last fall after deer hunting when they hauled out the scraps onto a plowed field. And I don't know how many crows raising heck around them.

Latest posts