• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

SNOW!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Are you bad memories of AZ fading?

My sister just goes for a month, they used to haul a big fifth wheel down but now they rent a Park model trailer in a park where there is quite a bit to do from Pickle Ball to a wood working shop and music some evenings. She likes it better as this way she has her SUV to come and go and not stuck with the big truck they pull the big camper with.
They have friends from home staying close by and have made friends from all over that go down every winter.

Sounds great.....for people who were wise enough to develop hobbies other than their work!

Or for old cowboys whose shoulder hasn't gotten 'roped out'.

Mostly our vacations have been the drive to and from meetings.....and that has been great, taking us through lots of nice country and detours to visit relatives we don't get to see often enough.

But the spring, summer and fall in our part of SD has been fantastic this year, except for not enough rain. Such a long season without freezing has been rare here. Think at least since mid-April we have been 'frost free', and here it is almost the end of Sept. and still no first freeze! We often have last spring frost well into May, and can recall several first fall frost very early in Sept. We didn't even have a lot of really hot days, few were 100 degrees, and we often get ten degrees over that in July and August. Our most miserable day just a few years ago hit 116 for several hours. Strangely enough, the winter previous to that had severe lows, too.

There were bumper crops of many wild fruits in the area. All I harvested were some great plums which are a wild/tame plum cross. Time to make some jams when I need the freezer space for beef pretty soon!

mrj

You said it, mrj "Sounds great.....for people who were wise enough to develop hobbies other than their work!" That fits Mr. FH
to a tee. Plus he likes people best when they are scattered some, and not in an RV park :D . He's not much for chit-chat (no matter how hard I try) :lol: .
So going to AZ just isn't his cup of tea. I would do as BMR's sister, rent a park model and go for a month. But we found, getting there
and getting back can be a problem, at least it was last year. Mr. FH said he'd rather stay here and scoop snow. So we'll see.

I am going to insist we go a few places not so far away as the weather permits. Stay tuned. :D

The worst part being the sudden summer/winter change, one day you're in a tank top, and two weeks later, there is snow on green leaves. Always confused the hell out of me when I spent 4 years at Grand Forks AFB! I'm sure glad that the weather's more forgiving in Kansas...

Latest posts