• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

So this is what green looks like

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
I'm in Billings, and I'm amazed at how green and lush it is around here! Nothing like home. Cows are fat and sassy, haying has gotten underway. I've even seen rain!!!!! Now, if I could just pack all this up and take it back home with me, I surely would. Talked to best friend yesterday, and it's still dry, dry, dry, and cold and the wind just won't quit.
Btw, who'd I go by on my way down through Malta to Billings?

Husband came down for a 2 day auction sale. I went with him yesterday, but I couldn't stand to torture myself for another day. I'm just going to hang out in the hotel room today, and then we're out of here tomorrow. And yes, I'm sure we could come up with a couple of things to warm up with. :)

You were about 70 miles west of us...Of the ones I know on this site- you were probably closest to Horseless...

We're just getting sprinkles here so far- and WIND....

I thought maybe some of you Canucks were getting some rain- as last night when I looked at the Canadian weather site- the radar was showing rain over much of southern Alberta and southwestern Sask...

That is what is moving in on us now- and meeting the southern rain heading north....Mid section of the county is still dry...

Here is our weather forcast for today:

High: 40 °F RealFeel®: 26 °F
Breezy and colder with rain and snow with little or no accumulation, becoming all rain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
BRRRRRRRRRR...that rain did get a little thick...

Mix of rain and snow since yesterday afternoon. We were getting to the point of needing it not desperate like east and north of here. I am 20 miles south of Calgary. Much too cold to grow anything with frost 3 out of the last 5 nights. This should kick start the grass. The crops are nicely out of the ground but are stalled due to cold. I hope the rest of you are getting wet.

We got 1 1/2" overnight :shock: That is unheard of here! Puts us at 2.10 for three days. Good for everything except Mikes baby alfalfa, might've flooded parts out :???: But the dryland triticale and everything else is sure happy :D

They are saying rain and snow starting tonight and for tomorrow,i would rather have rain but i sure wouldn't turn away snow either.We need moisture bad!!

Latest posts