• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

So, who did I drive by?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

movin' on

Reaction score
Took a trip from Wichita, Ks to Chamberlain, SD over the last couple of days. Hauled a load of air conditioners up there! Can you believe that, we're out there unloading air conditioners at the ALCO in Chamberlain and the wind chill is -30 :)

Anyway, I went up 81 higway to Salem, and then took I-90 to Chamberlain. On the way home, I went south down 281 and then took 50 back to Yankton and back down 81.

jigs, I know I wasn't terribly far from you at one point and was wondering if I was ever within earshot of anybody else?

about 20 miles from Belleville....should have hollered, I would have bought you dinner!

Andy, I filled up at the Coffe Cup truck stop there at the junction of I-90 and 281. I'm sure you are very familiar with it. Wow, was that the coldest fill up of my life!

jigs, I was only about 18 miles from you, then. I usually take 36 for a mile and half west and then that the sand road around the scales. :)

you go by the Bestifore Hay Company??

I suppose I will be in Hesston for the annual Baler school....we may have to get together for a cold one....

go to one of those Mennonite strip bars! them gals get wild and take off thier bonnets!!! WOOO HOOOO

I haul stuff in and out of AGCO several times a week. When is the baler school?...............................and, where are those Mennonite joints?? :)

Same deal, Stretch......I was actually 2 miles east of Chester on the sand road! There are some really neat stalk fields/creek bottoms/dry grass that those guys are grazing straight south of Hebron. I use some pretty good stalk fields, but nothing as perfect as those. Tons of cover, running creeks and dry grass, what a combination.

Same deal, Stretch......I was actually 2 miles east of Chester on the sand road! There are some really neat stalk fields/creek bottoms/dry grass that those guys are grazing straight south of Hebron. I use some pretty good stalk fields, but nothing as perfect as those. Tons of cover, running creeks and dry grass, what a combination.

Yes we have some really nice spots to hid the cattle out of the weather around here. Everyone used to ask my dad why we didn't have a better set of building for the cattle to winter in? Dad always just grinned and said heck god already made a better one of those than I can build.... I get a few minutes in the next couple days I'll try to snap some shots to show what I mean.

it is a two day deal for the new updates, computer programs, and it is good to listen to what other guys are finding to cure some small problems. it is just for the big squares and swathers.

you are about the most negative person I have yet to see on here guest1. you reak of vinegar and water. I guess your real name is Massengill

jigs said:
it is a two day deal for the new updates, computer programs, and it is good to listen to what other guys are finding to cure some small problems. it is just for the big squares and swathers.

jigsy you run that new of equipment? :eek: Us common folk don't need baler school to run the 15 year old balers here. :wink:

I run it, I don't own it. but it is a VERY smart thing to attend, Hesston foots the bill, and if you get 100 guys together talking over what they had for problems, and how they fixed them in the field, it saves a lot of time and effort.... and those things are a bit touchy when you have a problem...

Stretch, that'd be great if you'd put up some pictures of those "perfect" wintering pastures in your area.

jigs, when is that school?

Latest posts