• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soap

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I haven't seen him for a couple weeks. I did see Peach last week, but haven't seen her since, either.

I just heard from a reliable source, that Soapweed has contracted West Nile!!

He has been very sick for the past several days.

That's all I know...hopefully a family member will come here and give us more information. In the meantime, I'm sure any and all prayers for a full and speedy recovery would be appreciated.

West Nile can be such nasty stuff to deal with. :cry:

Hello everyone,

This is Brock speaking as my account has timed itself out and is no longer active. Dad is doing much better! He gave us all a bit of a scare this past week as they had to move him from our small town hospital to a larger one for more versatile care.

It will probably be at least another week before he comes home but this is mostly due to the propensity of hospitals to insure a full recovery and squeak out of few more pennies... He does have west nile virus which, as we all know, can be a very stubborn mistress. Yet, he informed me this morning on the phone that he feels like he could be home anytime now to bark orders from a distance whilst leaning on his cane :) .

He is doing very well and I am elated with the quick progression of his recovery. Thank you to all for your prayers and best wishes!

Soapweed said:
Hello everyone,

This is Brock speaking as my account has timed itself out and is no longer active. Dad is doing much better! He gave us all a bit of a scare this past week as they had to move him from our small town hospital to a larger one for more versatile care.

It will probably be at least another week before he comes home but this is mostly due to the propensity of hospitals to insure a full recovery and squeak out of few more pennies... He does have west nile virus which, as we all know, can be a very stubborn mistress. Yet, he informed me this morning on the phone that he feels like he could be home anytime now to bark orders from a distance whilst leaning on his cane :) .

He is doing very well and I am elated with the quick progression of his recovery. Thank you to all for your prayers and best wishes!

Thanks Brock, for filling us in. Please tell him we are thinking of him and praying for a speedy recovery for him. God Bless.

Soapweed said:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the update. Get well soon, Soap!

Thanks for the post Brock.
Hope to see you back soon Soap, get well!

It is hard trying to give a current condition report. For starters, I'm tipped upside-down in a hospital bed. The West Nile Virus has a way of denuding a person of any form of self-respect. Then I'm trying to type on Peach's iPad, which is a difficult procedure under normal conditions. Consider the fact that one finger on my left hand is already missing, and one of the others has a long plastic hose attached to it with glow-in-the dark capabilities. An unintended consequence of this, out of the corner of your eye, the finger appears to either be on fire or drastically bleeding. With these overwhelming obstacles it is easy to see that my literary achievements might not be up to snuff.

I have truly been blessed with great medical care in both Gordon Memorial Hospital and Regional West Medical Center in Scottsbluff. Friday a nice helicopter ride was provided to me, and my personal nurse Peach.

Now I am somewhat in a zombie state of mind. Just a few minutes ago, an entourage of hospital personnel all came through the door at once. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the thought did go through my mind that they could be gearing up to start singing and dancing. That didn't happen. They were just showing that the medical team at RWCT are professionals. Looking over the expertise and combined years of experience of these great people, and having a great faith in the Good Lord, I know I am in good hands with the upcoming healing process. Fifteen people were involved in this mini show of power. They had made good impressions and were filing out the door.

As usual what could have been a good response on my part didn't get said because of being too slow on the draw. Here is what I should have said, "Back in the olden golden days of the Wild West entertainment was in short supply. If there was a lynching to occur the the whole countryside would turn out for the big event. At one of these auspicious occasions, the star performer was asked if he had any last words before the galley door was opened. He looked out across the crowd, and thoughtfully responded, "If it wasn't for the honor of the thing, I'd just as soon not be here."

That would be me.

I'm hoping you get well very quickly!!! I'm looking forward to more pictures!!! (from back at the ranch, not back of a well ventilated hospital gown... :D :D )

I sure wish you well Soap.... I've been through it - and it knocked me on my arse- and took me weeks to get over it-- while I know some that it took a few days to get well- and others it takes months to...

I don't know how all of my family hasn't had it (and they may have because of the differences in symptoms- and how it treats individuals) but a huge % of the mosquitos tested from the neighboring Milk River pack the disease ...

Latest posts