• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soapweed Branding Gizmo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mickey

Reaction score
Couple years ago when we were running our cattle through the chute branding. I told the people helping me that if we did this from the back of a horse we'd have more help then we'd know what to do with. Then there was your branding gizmo. Well me and my freind looked over all your pictures and made one. We took it to the pen and tried it on a few and it worked good, so we made one more and called a few people and told them we were gonna brand calves the next weekend. Sure enough by the next weekend the word had spread, lots of help. The Mrs. is now tryen to figure out how she can get help feeden.

Forgot to say thanks and a great work of art. The ground crew was not experinced but with your gizmo they don't have to be.

mickey said:
Couple years ago when we were running our cattle through the chute branding. I told the people helping me that if we did this from the back of a horse we'd have more help then we'd know what to do with. Then there was your branding gizmo. Well me and my freind looked over all your pictures and made one. We took it to the pen and tried it on a few and it worked good, so we made one more and called a few people and told them we were gonna brand calves the next weekend. Sure enough by the next weekend the word had spread, lots of help. The Mrs. is now tryen to figure out how she can get help feeden.

Dear Mickey,

As the patent attorney for Soapweed, I must inform you of the "Patent Infringements" blatantly acknowledged in the above paragraph.

Copying, a Patented item without due compensation to the Patent owner is strictly forbidden and covered under numerous U.S. Federal and International Patent and Copyright Laws.

A patent holder may recover money damages in the form of a "reasonable royalty," which is the amount the patent holder could have earned in licensing the patented technology. Under certain circumstances, the patent owner may recover lost profits as an alternative measure of damages. The court may triple the money damages if it finds that the infringement is "willful" or intentional. Courts often issue injunctions to prevent the infringer's further use and/or sale of the patented invention.

Please PM Mr. Soapweed with the name and address of your attorney so that proper service of documents pertaining to these infringements carried out by you shall be delivered to the correct address.

Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe, Esqs.

Denny made one of those gizmos and we used it branding a time or two. But he had a lot of doggers so that was what was used mostly. I like it it works pretty good.

mickey said:
Forgot to say thanks and a great work of art. The ground crew was not experinced but with your gizmo they don't have to be.

Glad you liked it, Mickey. Anyone that wants to make their own is more than welcome to do just that. I'm not a salesman, and don't have time to mess with marketing the gizmos. It would take too much time away from messing with Ranchers.Net. :wink: :)

Mike said:
mickey said:

Dear Mickey,

As the patent attorney for Soapweed, I must inform you of the "Patent Infringements" blatantly acknowledged in the above paragraph.

Copying, a Patented item without due compensation to the Patent owner is strictly forbidden and covered under numerous U.S. Federal and International Patent and Copyright Laws.

A patent holder may recover money damages in the form of a "reasonable royalty," which is the amount the patent holder could have earned in licensing the patented technology. Under certain circumstances, the patent owner may recover lost profits as an alternative measure of damages. The court may triple the money damages if it finds that the infringement is "willful" or intentional. Courts often issue injunctions to prevent the infringer's further use and/or sale of the patented invention.

Please PM Mr. Soapweed with the name and address of your attorney so that proper service of documents pertaining to these infringements carried out by you shall be delivered to the correct address.

Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe, Esqs.

You seem to have the jargon down pretty well, Mike. Maybe you have missed your true calling. :wink: :)

IS this the gizmo mounted on the post? If it is could someone please post the pictures again?

Mike----Maybe you should go after Soap first I think he said he got the idea from a neighbor.
KICKEM,STICKEM andDickem---Atts at Law

Juan said:
Mike----Maybe you should go after Soap first I think he said he got the idea from a neighbor.
KICKEM,STICKEM andDickem---Atts at Law

AHA! I might find the whole damn bunch "Infringing"!

Thanks for the tip. I'll send you a cut of the settlement. :lol:

sic 'em reds said:
IS this the gizmo mounted on the post? If it is could someone please post the pictures again?

tumbleweed_texn said:
anybody got some pics of it? would like to see it so i can make one

Here you go boys. These pictures were taken at the JF Ranch this past spring. The gizmos were used on some big husky Charolais cross calves that would have been hard on high school aged rough tough calf wrestlers.

Thebosssoldestson.jpg

Thecrewinaction.jpg

Wheretheressmoketheresabrand.jpg

Closeup.jpg

Attackingfromallsides.jpg

Thingsgettingdone.jpg

TheKosmoKiddemonstratesthecalftrap.jpg

OH OH Soapweed, I think your calves are sick :shock: They are all white and some even had steam cumming out there backsides :shock:

Judith said:
OH OH Soapweed, I think your calves are sick :shock: They are all white and some even had steam cumming out there backsides :shock:

They aren't my calves. These big husky very healthy specimens of bovininity belong to JF Ranch. Besides high quality cattle, he also specializes in "unique" trees. "Unique" around softly and gently when prowling under these trees, in case they take a notion to fall on you. :wink:

Just teasin Soap. But the more I see Charolais the more I like em. For whatever reason they seem to really catch my eye.

Latest posts