• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soapweed Branding Gizmo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We just head rope those big calves then pick up one heel andd tail them over. Do you know how hard it is to rope a single when your trying to. It works pretty good asnd isn't too hard on the crew. I tried to use a Nordfork once just to try it but it started a mini rebellion lol.

So, is there still some one on the head? We always tell the guys two legs or get the rope off and try again, and then have someone on the head.

Since it's so dang close to branding time???!???? Has anyone seen the deal that you tie to a post, as the roper pulls the calf out of the bunch, you slip this "deal" over the head behind the ears until tight and it holds them?? Can't remember what its called, but its slick! They use them alot in SW and it helps alot.

Went to a branding for a bunch of farmers and they had one. Worked real good until the ground crew found the beer cooler.

I still like getting both back feet and letting the ground crew wrestle em down. (Except for when I hit ground crew break)

Boys and gals, you miss one big thing in those pictures. That's that Peachblossum is always there working and Soapweeds excuse is that he has to take pictures.

Buyer said:
Northern we get along good with the nordforks. But they take a while to get the hang of.

We use them to brand out late calves and fall calves too. One of our neighbors brands around 1200 head and only uses them. They own multiple ranches and felt their own crew could brand alone if they went to using them. For some reason they invite us over. :wink:

Here is a picture of late branding the calves.

100_1311.jpg

Latest posts