• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Soapweed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yea Happy Birthday :D

Don't know how SSAP being a "woman with a short memory" could of remembered it was your birthday. :wink: :lol: :lol:

I bet you will have lots of help blowing out the candles. :D

Thanks for the birthday greetings. Today was the big "63." I am grateful that I actually feel much younger now than I did a year ago. Last year on my birthday, my sister drove Peach and me to Valentine for "rehab." Peach was recovering from double knee replacement, and I was still feeling major effects of West Nile. After doing our exercises, we stopped at the Bunkhouse for dinner. Peach and I both bumbled into the restaurant pushing our matching walkers and feeling quite conspicuous.

Today was a whole lot more satisfying, and was quite a busy day. I put several miles on a Ranger in the morning checking cattle, and then we took our last replacement heifer calves and their mothers to the corral to load out the heifer calves. A trucker arrived at 1 p.m., and after loading the first load, I rode along to where the calves will be spending the winter. Then a second trip was made, and this time I followed along in the pickup. After unloading the second bunch of calves right at dusk, we adjourned to Cody's Husker Hub. Quite a few friends and relatives met me there to have supper and celebrate with birthday cake. It's been a great day, and I feel very blessed to still be around to enjoy it. :)

A heartfelt Happy Birthday from our house, too, Soapweed. We are thankful for your recovery, and Peachs' too. We knew she was a strong lady!

You are same age as my 'baby' brother, so I probably should be picking on you, or at least giving you more advice, given my 11 years advantage over you. Looks like you are doing fine on your own.

All those grandbabies sure will keep both of you young.

mrj

A happy belated birthday to you Soap, I'm glad this year finds both you and Peach more mobile and in better condition! Here's hoping year 63 is the best one yet!

Latest posts