• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Some deep thoughts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

A man doesn't automatically get my respect. He has to get down in the dirt and beg for it.

I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet.

If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness.

If life deals you lemons, why not go kill someone with the lemons (maybe by shoving them down his throat).

Why do there have to be rules for everything? It's gotten to the point that rules dominate just about every aspect of our lives. In fact, it might be said that rules have become the foot-long sticks of mankind.

To me, it's always a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?," you can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

I hate it when people say somebody has a "speech impediment" even if he does, because it could hurt his feelings. So instead, I call it a "speech improvement", and I go up to the guy and say, "Hey, Bob, I like your speech improvement." I think this makes him feel better.

I think there should be something in science called the "reindeer effect." I don't know what it would be, but I think it'd be good to hear someone say, "Gentlemen, what we have here is a terrifying example of the reindeer effect."

I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here's a tip: Why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness.

I hope they never find out that lightning has a lot of vitamins in it, because do you hide from it or not?

If you had a school for professional fireworks people, I don't think you could cover fuses in just one class. It's just too rich a subject.

He was the kind of man who was not ashamed to show affection. I guess that's what I hated about him.

If you're a cowboy, and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading a magazine.

It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Why do the caterpillar and the ant have to be enemies? One eats leaves, and the other eats caterpillars. Oh, I see now.

Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.

I bet it was pretty hard to pick up girls if you had the Black Death.
I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway.

What am I afraid of? I'll tell you: a feather. that's right, a feather. How could anyone be afraid of a feather, you say. That's an honest question, and I'll try to give it an honest answer. First of all, did I say it was a poison feather?

If you're a circus clown, and you have a dog that you use in your act, I don't think it's a good idea to also dress the dog up like a clown, because people see that and they think, "Forgive me, but that's just too much."

Whenever I hear the sparrow chirping, watch the woodpecker chirp, catch a chirping trout, or listen to the sad howl of the chirp rat, I think: Oh boy! I'm going insane again.

If you're ever stuck in some thick undergrowth, in your underwear, don't stop and think of what other words have "under" in them, because that's probably the first sign of jungle madness.

When this girl at the art museum asked me whom I liked better, Monet or Manet, I said, "I like mayonnaise." She just stared at me, so I said it again, louder. Then she left. I guess she went to try to find some mayonnaise for me.

If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

You know one thing that will really make a woman mad? Just run up and kick her in the butt. (P.S. This also works with men.)

I remember how the other kids used to say that old Mister Swenson was the meanest man in town. But I said I thought he was nice, that he just didn't know how to show it.
The meanest man in town, I said, was the mean old guy who lived in the big white house. "THAT'S MISTER SWENSON," they said. Oh, my mistake.

Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right there, in the room, talking to you, which is why I don't like to read good books.

Instead of studying for finals, what about just going to the Bahamas and catching some rays? Maybe you'll flunk, but you might have flunked anyway; that's my point.

Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

If you go flying back through time, and you see somebody else flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.

If they have moving sidewalks in the future, when you get on them, I think you should have to assume sort of a walking shape so as not to frighten the dogs.

You know something that would really make me applaud? A guy gets stuck in quicksand, then sinks, then suddenly comes shooting out, riding on water skis! How do they do that?!

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.

I'd like to see a nature film where an eagle swoops down and pulls a fish out of a lake, and then maybe he's flying along, low to the ground, and the fish pulls a worm out of the ground. Now that's a documentary!

Instead of a trap door, what about a trap window? The guy looks out it, and if he leans too far, he falls out. Wait. I guess that's like a regular window.

Like jewels in a crown, the precious stones glittered in the queen's round metal hat.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back.

If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because, man, they're gone.

One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse.

Here's a good thing to do if you go to a party and you don't know anybody: First, take out the garbage. Then go around and collect any extra garbage that people might have, like a crumpled-up napkin, and take that out too. Pretty soon people will want to meet the busy garbage guy.

If you want to be the popular one at a party, here's a good thing to do: Go up to some people who are talking and laughing and say, "Well, technically that's illegal." It might fit in with what somebody just said. And even if it doesn't, so what, I hate this stupid party.

How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak.

That's some real sick and twisted stuff, you know just like some peoples sense of smell. No, I mean their sense of humor! And who said I smelled anywy? :?

Great post, Silver.
See sometimes it's a good thing to ride all day in the sun without a hat.

There's a chance that I might possibly think about considering laughing at something in there.--- maybe.

:lol: :lol: Whoever wrote those has a unique view of things! REally enjoyed them.
Must be the Reindeer Effect.

try to find your way into a town and then drink heavily to forget the troubling times you have been muddling your way through :wink:

cowboyup said:
try to find your way into a town and then drink heavily to forget the troubling times you have been muddling your way through :wink:

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices in my head only talk to ME!!!

8) :lol: :lol:

Silver said:
cowboyup said:

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices in my head only talk to ME!!!

8) :lol: :lol:

are you sure that cowboyup does not have his own voices speaking in their own language??? :shock: :shock:

Such profundity! This requires too much deep thinking on my part. Years ago I found a little sign that conveys my philosophy perfectly.

It reads: When I works, I works hard. When I plays, I plays hard. And when I thinks… I falls to sleep.

Liberty Belle said:
Such profundity! This requires too much deep thinking on my part. Years ago I found a little sign that conveys my philosophy perfectly.

It reads: When I works, I works hard. When I plays, I plays hard. And when I thinks… I falls to sleep.
- - - and when I drink - - I think "DEEP THOUGHTS"! :roll:

Latest posts